SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Aaaaaand it's coming full circle on the Shitlibs now...Welcome to the party, Al Gore! (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=131132)

Shadow 16 November 2017 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix (Post 1058685209)

...Nobody (except you and Alex Jones) wants to go through life (which is often difficult enough for a society where most are worked like dogs for low pay) in a state of constant rage about a wide range of issues over which they have no control. They don't want it constantly in their goddamned "Mind's Eye". They want to spend those fleeting moments with their kids or knocking back a few with friends or something.

Amen.

The constant hyperbolic ranting and raging is fucking old, stale and boring.

leopardprey 16 November 2017 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix (Post 1058685209)
1- "Desperate Housewives" hasn't been a thing for like a decade, man.

2- Nobody (except you and Alex Jones) wants to go through life (which is often difficult enough for a society where most are worked like dogs for low pay) in a state of constant rage about a wide range of issues over which they have no control. They don't want it constantly in their goddamned "Mind's Eye". They want to spend those fleeting moments with their kids or knocking back a few with friends or something.

2 . Keep the populace happy with "bread and circuses" and most will not even realize the incremental or drastic changes going on cultural wise until it is too late. Just keep them enslaved to the privileged elite.

Complacency kills. Good thing we had a group of men over 200 years ago who got enranged and did not just rant about it, or just go with the flow, but took action. But most Americans these days have the "meh" attitude as have their fast food and cable TV shows to keep them happy.

The Fat Guy 16 November 2017 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix (Post 1058685209)
1- "Desperate Housewives" hasn't been a thing for like a decade, man.

2- Nobody (except you and Alex Jones) wants to go through life (which is often difficult enough for a society where most are worked like dogs for low pay) in a state of constant rage about a wide range of issues over which they have no control. They don't want it constantly in their goddamned "Mind's Eye". They want to spend those fleeting moments with their kids or knocking back a few with friends or something.

The click bate society has "everything media" exaggerating the slightest deviation from normal well past the left or right boundary. Politicians, especially liberals, do the same thing whereby an off color comment by a politician, especially one that promises to hold the inept accountable for basic socially acceptable behavior, turns into stories by an unnamed source about stacks of raped and murdered babies while wearing a white hood.

For Fuck's Sake.

billdawg 16 November 2017 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSSRonin (Post 1058685208)
After living overseas for many years, the expat corollary that I live by is:
--I pick the pool boy
--Wife picks the maid

LOL, I had to read that twice, before I understood what you meant

DiveBoss 16 November 2017 11:01

Going back to the original posting, it sure seems to me like the Democrat New Guard are using their "community organizing" skills to methodically neutralize the Dinosaurs.

MakoZeroSix 16 November 2017 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by leopardprey (Post 1058685227)
2 . Keep the populace happy with "bread and circuses" and most will not even realize the incremental or drastic changes going on cultural wise until it is too late. Just keep them enslaved to the privileged elite.

Complacency kills. Good thing we had a group of men over 200 years ago who got enranged and did not just rant about it, or just go with the flow, but took action. But most Americans these days have the "meh" attitude as have their fast food and cable TV shows to keep them happy.

The reason why it is called "bread and circus" is because the same shit has been going on for thousands of years. Rome didn't
fall in a day, nor will we. Its just part of a cycle.

200 years ago you had a very small group of rich folks who were like "Fuck this- this stuff belongs to us, not the stupid king on the other side of the ocean" and took over, not because there were actually any major greivances (a miniscule tax on stamps? BFD).

Most people were content to remain part of the British Empire. They didn't gnash their teeth endlessly about lifes depridations. Because they pretty much didn't have the time or energy to.

Most people, regardless of society, always have an always will just want to go about their sad little lives with as little hassle as possible. Their life is hard and meaningless enough as it is without having to add the burden of constant outrage.

I just take a sanguine view of the world as an immutable sea of despair, degeneracy, and avarice that one merely needs to artfully navigate to stay above and proceed acordingly.

Paperpusher 16 November 2017 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix (Post 1058685239)
200 years ago you had a very small group of rich folks who were like "Fuck this- this stuff belongs to us, not the stupid king on the other side of the ocean" and took over, not because there were actually any major greivances (a miniscule tax on stamps? BFD).

True, the patriots who fought for independence were a minority. A small group? Hardly. Rich? Absurd. The troops who fought in the Revolution did not just "take over." Apparently you do not view de facto slavery as a major grievance. "A minuscule tax on stamps?" You, sir, were robbed of a basic education.

Sharky 16 November 2017 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 1058685223)
Amen.

The constant hyperbolic ranting and raging is fucking old, stale and boring.

Strictly your opinion. I find most of his posts thought provoking and at times, hilarious.

I generally find your posts to be mostly B5R-style, left-leaning, apologistic, devils advocate against conservative anything.

But, you're still here. And so is he. It would be pretty fucking boring if we all agreed with you.

Bottom line, he gets his say just like you do. If the time comes that we permanently boot him simply because we don't agree with his political beliefs I will be making sure that we do it for both sides as an equal standard, so you would be joining him.

Sharky 16 November 2017 11:35

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/16/left-turns-on-bill-clinton-biden-over-behavior-toward-women.html



It gets better......now they are going after Biden and Slick Willie.


You created these little SJW monsters....Now Reap it....hahahahahaha

Gsniper 16 November 2017 11:41

Remember in 1984 how scared they were of the kids? "Junior Spies" I believe was the social indoctrination group they were all in.

It seems to me they're going to let the old guard swing for the next generation of do-gooders who know what's best for us. I'd dearly love to watch a few of these people burn at the stake, buy my God, what's coming next?

grog18b 16 November 2017 11:43

That is some really funny shit to see right there... "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." and "Could you define the word it please?"
Let them fall where they may.

B 2/75 16 November 2017 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paperpusher (Post 1058685246)
True, the patriots who fought for independence were a minority. A small group? Hardly. Rich? Absurd. The troops who fought in the Revolution did not just "take over." Apparently you do not view de facto slavery as a major grievance. "A minuscule tax on stamps?" You, sir, were robbed of a basic education.

He's talking about the actual framers, not the soldiers who enlisted freely to do the fighting. That WAS a small group of rich white men. And talk about genius...

And the stamp act wasn't that terribly expensive, but the cost had to be paid in British hard currency, which wasn't terribly common in the Colonies, and was considered a taxation without representation, so you know the rest of the story.

You'd be surprised at the stuff that knuckle-dragger knows.

MakoZeroSix 16 November 2017 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paperpusher (Post 1058685246)
True, the patriots who fought for independence were a minority. A small group? Hardly. Rich? Absurd. The troops who fought in the Revolution did not just "take over." Apparently you do not view de facto slavery as a major grievance. "A minuscule tax on stamps?" You, sir, were robbed of a basic education.

- George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, etc- yes, rich.

- "Defacto slavery"? Are you comparing day to day life in the colonies with the ACTUAL slavery that was going on at the time? If so you are out of your mind.

- The typical tax rate levied by the stamp tax was a penny per sheet of paper. It was a war tax to pay for the massive debt caused by defending the colonies against French agression. It was neither unprecedented or unreasonable. Of course lack of representation in Parliment was a legit grievance, but seemingly one that would fall short of providing the spark that would turn into a war. The Founding Fathers were very opportunistic, and sezed upon this, which was great that they did, but lets not try to pretend like our revolution was some kind of altruistic thing.

- You don't know a goddamned thing about me or my education level. It likely matches or even eclipses yours.

19MIKE 16 November 2017 12:07

1 Attachment(s)
...AND DOWN. GOES. FRANKEN !!....(In Howard Cosell voice)

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/

Shadow 16 November 2017 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharky (Post 1058685248)

Strictly your opinion. I find most of his posts thought provoking and at times, hilarious.

I generally find your posts to be mostly B5R-style, left-leaning, apologistic, devils advocate against conservative anything.

But, you're still here. And so is he. It would be pretty fucking boring if we all agreed with you.

Bottom line, he gets his say just like you do. If the time comes that we permanently boot him simply because we don't agree with his political beliefs I will be making sure that we do it for both sides as an equal standard, so you would be joining him.

Fair enough.

Like you said, we all have our own opinions, whether others like them or not. It we all agreed with each other all the time, this forum would be nothing more than an echo chamber and then it'd truly be fucking boring.

TennesseeDave 16 November 2017 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharky (Post 1058685250)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/16/left-turns-on-bill-clinton-biden-over-behavior-toward-women.html



It gets better......now they are going after Biden and Slick Willie.


You created these little SJW monsters....Now Reap it....hahahahahaha

When the Weinstein allegations broke last month, who would have ever thought it'd take so many people down? Now's the perfect time to clean house in Hollywood and the DNC, along with any Republicans that have a tendency to do this shit. I'm still waiting for them to desecrate some of these people's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. If they're going to vandalize 100 year old statues, at least get outraged over something that happened within their lifetime.

justamedic 16 November 2017 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennesseeDave (Post 1058685258)
When the Weinstein allegations broke last month, who would have ever thought it'd take so many people down? Now's the perfect time to clean house in Hollywood and the DNC, along with any Republicans that have a tendency to do this shit. I'm still waiting for them to desecrate some of these people's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. If they're going to vandalize 100 year old statues, at least get outraged over something that happened within their lifetime.

Plenty more to come on all of the political/fame spectrum.

Box 16 November 2017 12:34

From Stuart Smalley's web-site on 'Supporting Domestic & Sexual Violence Survivors'

Quote:

Domestic and sexual violence remains a serious problem in our communities. Millions of women fall victim to domestic and sexual violence each year, and an alarming percentage of women will experience violence at some point in their lifetime. In the Senate, I’ve worked hard to give a voice to survivors, and as a lawmaker, I strive to make the law more just and fair, especially for those who need its protection the most.
Quote:

When the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) was reauthorized in 2013, it sent a clear message: domestic and sexual violence will not be tolerated in America. I wrote several provisions in the law, one of which makes it unlawful to evict a woman from federally supported housing just because she is a victim of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking. I also wrote a provision to ensure that no survivor of sexual assault has to suffer the indignity of paying for her own rape kit. I will continue to fight for the rights of survivors and ensure they have access to the resources necessary to recover.
...but he may come out on top if he maintains a positive attitude because:
I deserve good things.
I am entitled to my share of happiness.
I refuse to beat myself up.
I am an attractive person.
I am fun to be with.
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me.



Lets all sing a Hymn for Stuart Smalley......

Hoo-ray for Hymn
Hoo-ray at last
Hoo-ray for hymn
...'cause he's a horses ass
HYMN - HYMN - FUCK HIM



Covfefe on you senator Franken -
Covfefe !!!

steve 16 November 2017 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Box (Post 1058685101)
Just out of curiosity:

How many female SOCNET'ers would be OK with your husband getting a 1000 pm in-room private massage while he is away on a business trip?
...a massage that was supposed to last until after 1:00 AM ??

How many SOCNET men are married to woman who would be 100 % good to go with having a massage in your hotel room at 1030 at night while you are away on business?
What if you told her the massage therapist was a gal that would be staying for three hours?

A three hour massage from 1030 until well after midnight?
...hell the passengers and crew of the SS Minnow can tell you how bad an idea it is to plan on a three hour pleasure cruise - nothing good is going to come from it.

I'd bet the story would be a lot easier to talk your way out of if you just said you got knee-walking-drunk and ended up banging a waitress from the hotel restaurant.

...unless you won a prize for being noble

My wife would massage my head with a bat while I slept.

ARCHANGELRANGER 16 November 2017 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19MIKE (Post 1058685256)
...AND DOWN. GOES. FRANKEN !!....(In Howard Cosell voice)

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/

This photo enrages me. Leeann Tweeden is the sweetest lady ever!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved