SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   International Jobs (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   TS Cleared Mechanic - immediate opening (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=132679)

Buck Fiddy 29 June 2018 14:09

TS Cleared Mechanic - immediate opening

SB approved

Patriot Group International, Inc. has a current full-time, exempt employee opening for a Senior Automotive Technician based out of Washington, DC.

Job Description: • Perform general purpose vehicle maintenance activities on FOSOV in tough and austere locations requiring installation, repair, trouble-shooting, diagnostics, and preventive maintenance. • Disassemble and reassemble engines and mechanical units to inspect and diagnose parts using computerized test equipment, calibration devices, gauges, etc. in austere environments overseas. • Repair, adjust, overhaul, or replace major assemblies or sub-assemblies such as power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering assemblies, tracks, system components and equipment attachments. • Ability to remove, disassemble, and repair gasoline and diesel engines and components. • Adhere to all established safety policies and standards to include identification, use, and proper procedures for handling or disposal of hazardous waste. • Perform other qualified duties as assigned.

Hours: • This is a full time, FLSA exempt position, requiring at least 40 hours per week. The CONUS work location will be at the USG location in Washington, DC. Regular six month deployments are required to Afghanistan and other areas within the CENTCOM AOR.

Qualifications: • High School Diploma or equivalent • 7 years of experience in FOSOV and/or military light wheel vehicle maintenance • Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility • Ability to deploy for up to six months at a time to tough and austere locations, to include war zones

Physical Requirements: • Ability to stand, sit, walk, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, push, and pull • Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds • Assist in lifting up to one hundred (100) pounds • Able to work in both indoors and outdoors and be exposed to dust, fumes, and gases from running engines and motors

• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote with extended exposure to the elements

Travel: Anticipated 50% travel between Washington, DC and various OCONUS locations

Disclaimer: Patriot Group International Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. PGI provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. PGI maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.

If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us on our home page.

http://patriotgroupinternational.com/

Please apply via this link:
https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/...=MP&lang=en_US

Purple36 29 June 2018 21:41

I have never seen a mech with a TS/SCI clearance. Hard to imagine why it would be needed, very unique IMO.

MountainBum 30 June 2018 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple36 (Post 1058733907)
I have never seen a mech with a TS/SCI clearance.

There's a handful out there.

SpudWrench 30 June 2018 06:10

Or this is another one of those cases where everyone asks for a TS/SCI when in reality the candidate will never utilize it. Is there an unlocked safe installed in these trucks?

MountainBum 30 June 2018 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudWrench (Post 1058733936)
Or this is another one of those cases where everyone asks for a TS/SCI when in reality the candidate will never utilize it.

No.

Silverbullet 30 June 2018 08:04

Quote:

Or this is another one of those cases where everyone asks for a TS/SCI when in reality the candidate will never utilize it. Is there an unlocked safe installed in these trucks?

I approve these and know what I'm doing.

Additionally, read BF's profile, he's not a half stepper.

275RLTW 30 June 2018 08:40

Quote:

Thatís a round-a-bout way of saying that this job is not for you...
Probally could have just not posted instead.

SpudWrench 1 July 2018 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverbullet (Post 1058733944)
I approve these and know what I'm doing.

Additionally, read BF's profile, he's not a half stepper.

I apologize SB, I knew it when I posted and should have deleted.
I also apologize to the OP for crapping up your thread.

And for others, yes, I have the clearance and experience for most of these jobs, but no, I don't turn wrenches anymore.
I do try to find people to place when I see them turn up, but it's frustrating when the base requirements are set so high that it's impossible to get a guy's foot in the door.

Buck Fiddy 5 July 2018 12:09

answer to the clearance requirement question

This clearance requirement is mandated by the U.S. Government customer.