SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   How Not to Post (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   I dont know if im in the right place. (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=94130)

bogj 14 April 2010 01:07

I dont know if im in the right place.

I dont see any topics for intel here. I was originally attracted to the sight when I read an article on the internet posted by socnet about somalia. Some of the information about the attacks in June/July of 93 were not fully accurate. I tried to contact the site and it lead me here.
I was interested in signing up. My unit, 1st radio battalion, was a unique and irregular unit. It fell under none of the Mar Divs. We deployed teams up to 15 times a year, all on special missions, usually under orders from the NSA. The only way the entire battalion could be deployed was an all out declaration of war.
I thought this site would be a good place to connect with people with similar experiences, but I havent found any threads that really connect with me. It seems that the threads are very specific about your jobs.
I would remind you that SRI, (survellance, reconnaissance, and intelligence) are the first to arrive on the battlefield and the last to leave.
I hope Im in the right place because I would like to share my experience with others and hear other people's experiences.

DirtyDog0311 14 April 2010 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogj (Post 1292737)
We deployed teams up to 15 times a year, all on special missions, usually under orders from the NSA.

Tron_Bender 14 April 2010 03:11

Wow, I have got some deployment time under my belt. But, I have never deployed 15 times in a year. That 3-letter must have had you jumping.

Bravo Five Romeo 14 April 2010 03:29

Quote:

I would remind you that SRI, (survellance, reconnaissance, and intelligence) are the first to arrive on the battlefield and the last to leave.

Thank you for the reminder.

RAT 14 April 2010 05:11

B,

Welcome to the site. Many here know what RadBn is. Your commander is a friend of mine. We have known each other from elementary to present. Over 35yrs.

Just a little FYI RadBn is not what I would not consider unique or irregular. Nor is the mission.

Many of the posters here know what Recon is. Know what clandestine missions are and know what happen all through 93. Some from 91 with the evac of the embo.

I am sure we worked together on a MEU or two.

Welcome to the site get a feel for who is here. I promise you it is full of people who have protected this country doing the unique and irregular missions since the 40's to present.

We are an diverse group of people. There are some RadBn here and I am sure they will reach out to you.

S/F

RO!!!

Silverbullet 14 April 2010 07:49

Quote:

We deployed teams up to 15 times a year, all on special missions, usually under orders from the NSA.
You're kidding right?

Your unit did not work for NSA. Some of the people who populated the more specialized part of your unit later worked there but your unit was a MarFor asset.

Send me a PM stating who you are and exactly when you served and in which billet.

Tracy 14 April 2010 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverbullet (Post 1292797)
You're kidding right?...

...Send me a PM stating who you are and exactly when you served and in which billet.

Flash-To-Bang: 6 hours, 42 minutes. Not a record around here, but respectable nonetheless.

:smile:

Fu King Lawyer 14 April 2010 08:11

Quote:

I dont see any topics for intel here.

I thought this site would be a good place to connect with people with similar experiences, but I havent found any threads that really connect with me.

I hope Im in the right place

bogj,

You are in the "right church, wrong pew" so to speak. Here's your link, post away.

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=80085

fkl

CarbineM1 14 April 2010 08:19

My brother was with 2nd Rad Bn, H&S Co., Comm Plt, I had no idea he had done such cool stuff (cause he never told anyone lol). Good luck
B2

SOTB 14 April 2010 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogj
I would remind you....

No. You wouldn't. Or couldn't....

MakoZeroSix 14 April 2010 08:45

Well, I like this thread because it shows me that it's not just SF that has to deal with SIGINT teams who think they are about 10 times more high speed than they really are. Let me guess, these RadBn guys have posters of dudes HALO jumping and riding on skids of little birds all over their walls just like SOT-A. :rolleyes:

Brianj 14 April 2010 09:29

bogj - I worked with your unit when AD, and I work with them now, so itís always good to see some Radio Bn guys here. Buy the house a round for that utterly shitty, zero-SA introduction and keep in mind that unless youíre former SOF, this isnít your house. Act accordingly, and youíll find plenty of good people here to share high-speed memories with.

txlowbrow 14 April 2010 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOTB (Post 1292810)
No. You wouldn't. Or couldn't....

lol :biggrin:

HighDragLowSpeed 14 April 2010 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix (Post 1292815)
Well, I like this thread because it shows me that it's not just SF that has to deal with SIGINT teams who think they are about 10 times more high speed than they really are. Let me guess, these RadBn guys have posters of dudes HALO jumping and riding on skids of little birds all over their walls just like SOT-A. :rolleyes:

I would remind you that it isn't what you do, it's how you look :biggrin:

MikeC2W 14 April 2010 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighDragLowSpeed (Post 1292832)
I would remind you that it isn't what you do, it's how you look :biggrin:

LMAO

I would remind you all that (UYMYS) unless you are me, you suck.

MakoZeroSix 14 April 2010 10:19

Quote:

I would remind you that it isn't what you do, it's how you look
And I'll remind you that requires Oakleys and sideburns. Period.

BigNickT 14 April 2010 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy (Post 1292803)
Flash-To-Bang: 6 hours, 42 minutes. Not a record around here, but respectable nonetheless.

:smile:

It would have been a new record except I couldn't come up with a reply that wasn't completely offensive and just plain mean.

Tax out

SeaPig 14 April 2010 12:02

I am speechless, which is a rarity for me.

MakoZeroSix 14 April 2010 12:15

Quote:

Buy the house a round for that utterly shitty, zero-SA introduction and keep in mind that unless youíre former SOF, this isnít your house. Act accordingly, and youíll find plenty of good people here to share high-speed memories with.
Yeah, right? This is the type of thing that got Hitler banned.
:biggrin:

Cass 14 April 2010 12:18

Quote:

I

Hehehe:p