SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Movies and TV (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=291)
-   -   Top Gun 2 (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=130012)

Spinner 27 May 2017 19:06

Top Gun 2

It was bound to happen sooner or later, only according to IMDB the plot will center around drone warfare.

Quote:

Will reportedly involve unmanned aerial vehicles and will depict "an end of an era of dogfighting and fighter pilots," as the world's powers make the switch to remotely flown, computer aided drones.
But you just know that Maverick, Iceman and the newest generation of fighter jocks will take to the air for one last hurrah.

I can think of so many plot twists for this movie.

Thirty years after Goose's wife Carole has a one night stand with Maverick, their son, whom Maverick didn't even know existed, reports to Miramar as a young hot shot drone pilot, tasked with showing all of the manned aircraft dinosaurs that their days in the air are numbered.

Maverick is now an Admiral in charge of Miramar, and Iceman is his XO. Meanwhile, Kelly McGillis's character, Charlie, returns to Miramar after having sex reassignment surgery. Naturally, she now wants to be called Chuck.

Beyond that, I got nothing.

Shadow 27 May 2017 19:16

Shameless money-grab.

None for me, thanks... :rolleyes:

Mars 27 May 2017 19:17

Some movies should be left alone to stand on their own...I think this is one of them!

Spinner 27 May 2017 19:19

And yet, I will still probably watch it at some point after it's released.

I know no shame.

Mars 27 May 2017 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinner (Post 1058651886)
And yet, I will still probably watch it at some point after it's released.

I probably will too...:tongue:

HighDragLowSpeed 27 May 2017 19:28

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 36757

Tracy 27 May 2017 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinner (Post 1058651883)
...Maverick is now an Admiral in charge of Miramar, and Iceman is his XO...

They're at NAS Fallon, outside of Reno...

maim 27 May 2017 19:42

Please let them ALL crash in flames so we don't have to return to this fucked up wannabee ever again. I talked to a journalist in Sudan, Khartoum, in 2007, she told me that Katie Thing had agreed to marry him on the condition that she could get divorced after 5 years if she had produced a child. When the deed was done I seriously gave my wife shit.
Not going to leave this forum open to litigation, but it's a fucking brilliant story.

Janitor 27 May 2017 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinner (Post 1058651883)
It was bound to happen sooner or later, only according to IMDB the plot will center around drone warfare.

But you just know that Maverick, Iceman and the newest generation of fighter jocks will take to the air for one last hurrah.

I can think of so many plot twists for this movie.

Thirty years after Goose's wife Carole has a one night stand with Maverick, their son, whom Maverick didn't even know existed, reports to Miramar as a young hot shot drone pilot, tasked with showing all of the manned aircraft dinosaurs that their days in the air are numbered.

Maverick is now an Admiral in charge of Miramar, and Iceman is his XO. Meanwhile, Kelly McGillis's character, Charlie, returns to Miramar after having sex reassignment surgery. Naturally, she now wants to be called Chuck.

I thought you were describing the actual plot until your last line. Hollywood has become that bad.

bobmueller 27 May 2017 23:10

This is like the third or fourth time I've heard someone say there will be a sequel. I'll believe it when I see it.

hawkdrver 27 May 2017 23:52

Finally! Hoping to land a consultant gig :biggrin:

"Tom Cruise confirms he’ll play pilot of cargo plane hauling rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong in ‘Top Gun 2’"

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2017/05/to...#ixzz4iLGiiIik
http://www.duffelblog.com/2017/05/tom-cruise-top-gun-2/

eta: even better, I am actually in HKG at the moment.

Gray Rhyno 28 May 2017 06:19

When they did a crappy job remaking Dirty Dancing, I knew this couldn't be far behind... :cool:

DCH 28 May 2017 12:37

..and Kenny Loggins officially said he's got no conviction in his heart to ride into the Danger Zone again..

Gsniper 28 May 2017 12:39

They should combine it with Fast and Furious 17 and Transformers 9 and just have one big steaming pile of shit.

Spinner 28 May 2017 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy (Post 1058651890)
They're at NAS Fallon, outside of Reno...

Not in Tom Cruise's movie universe. :biggrin:

Also, I've come up with roles for Viper and Jester. They are now the President and Vice President, respectively.

litepath 28 May 2017 13:16

If Tony Scott would have stuck around, I would see it.

Bravo_One_Three 28 May 2017 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinner (Post 1058651977)

Also, I've come up with roles for Viper and Jester. They are now the President and Vice President, respectively.

No. Cougar is President. Cougar lost it... turned in his nuclear football.

Massgrunt 28 May 2017 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinner (Post 1058651977)

What about Hollywood?

Spinner 29 May 2017 11:22

Hollywood is now an actuary.

What I would really like the movie to address is how come all the pilots have really cool call signs (with the exception of Goose, but we all know what happened to him.)

In the real world Navy pilots have call signs like "Fungus" and "Booger".

Linda1961 29 May 2017 12:31

There's not enough acid for my eyes & ears. I despise that twerpy short little nasally sounding Tom Cruise. I avoid his movies like the plague.

Ack!!!