SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Special Forces (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Alleged failed coup in Venezuala (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=136292)

Fu King Lawyer 2 May 2020 09:01

Alleged failed coup in Venezuala

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uro-fails.html

I hate reading these stories. If the story is accurate, it reminds me of the "exploits" of Keith Idema.
Bull Simons showed how - while he was in retirement - it is possible to accomplish great things.

cj 2 May 2020 09:29

Everybody knows the Sun Tzu quote "know your enemy." Well, the same applies to know your allies. The SF dude should have done more area study on Venezuela history (or at least read thru our other thread on topic). Venezuelan history is replete with failed coups and the primary reason is because the "people" are so cynical about authority figures that you can't get them revved up to risk their own lives. In fact, the last leader of note, that actually got them to charge the castle en masse was Simon Bolivar, and Venezuela was actually part of Gran Colombia at the time.

Hot Mess 2 May 2020 20:28

By way of a friend from Regiment who went to 10th SFG he was asked to join this clown show. He said the main character, was a PT stud, a good shot, but his ego was gay. Considering the source, thatís a strong statement.

MixedLoad 2 May 2020 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Mess (Post 1058860305)
By way of a friend from Regiment who went to 10th SFG he was asked to join this clown show. He said the main character, was a PT stud, a good shot, but his ego was gay. Considering the source, thatís a strong statement.

The whole thing sounds as bad as the former action guy clownshow that got popped in Yemen trying to assassinate Houthies.

MakoZeroSix 3 May 2020 07:26

What an embarrassment. In the old days, a guy like this might have pulled it off.

tbh, I can't believe 7th Group hasn't been ordered to conduct a full spectrum UW campaign out of Columbia to overthrow Maduro. I mean its the perfect excuse and situation to do so. Columbia would do whatever the hell we tell them to.

Tracy 3 May 2020 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix (Post 1058860345)
What an embarrassment. In the old days, a guy like this might have pulled it off.

tbh, I can't believe 7th Group hasn't been ordered to conduct a full spectrum UW campaign out of Columbia to overthrow Maduro. I mean its the perfect excuse and situation to do so. Columbia would do whatever the hell we tell them to.

Refer to CJ's comment above.

We don't have to do anything, just wait. Venezuela makes a great "money pit" for other countries to 'invest' in. :smile:

Sltwtr1 4 May 2020 14:40

Maduro has already purged those who would be disloyal or were on the fence from basically Major on up.. Def Colonel on up.

Those who are left he allows them lot's of wealth by sharing in profits from whatever department they run or looking the other way/subsidizing "extra income schemes.

Basically, those who are left in leadership, are fat and happy and don't want that to change. You would have to eliminate them, it won't be a matter of them switching sides with the wind. They might keep their position, but not their "earnings and compensation" with a new opposition Govt.

Cabello- This guy

Quote:

Diosdado Cabello, the No. 2 most powerful person in the country and eminence grise of Venezuela's vast intelligence network, insisted that the government had infiltrated the plot for months.

He is super rich and his daughter is hot as fuck! I have wanted/I want to to bang her so bad :biggrin: She lives a life of a Instagram jet setter going all over the world, Paris etc in private jets..

It will take more then a political movement to get the entrenched leadership out.

Sltwtr1

OUT

Macka 4 May 2020 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixedLoad (Post 1058860328)
The whole thing sounds as bad as the former action guy clownshow that got popped in Yemen trying to assassinate Houthies.

Or the guys who tried to rob the bank in Haiti.

Jimbo 4 May 2020 20:57

What’s the over under on him being a 7th Grp Dude whose ‘3/3’ Spanish sounds like an elementary school kid from DesMoins?

Hot Mess 4 May 2020 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo (Post 1058860534)
Whatís the over under on him being a 7th Grp Dude whose Ď3/3í Spanish sounds like an elementary school kid from DesMoins?

Thatís what I thought but it should be 10th SFG. Thatís where the person I know who related the info was at.

Hot Mess 4 May 2020 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy (Post 1058860351)
Refer to CJ's comment above.

We don't have to do anything, just wait. Venezuela makes a great "money pit" for other countries to 'invest' in. :smile:

Thereís that whole age, wisdom thing :cool:

mike792 5 May 2020 00:51

I am sure that $15,000,000 reward for Maduro had something to do with this. :biggrin:

Fu King Lawyer 5 May 2020 07:44

https://news.yahoo.com/venezuela-arr...053452402.html

Venezuela names the two they arrested. While probably bots, read the comments below the article. I hate reading this stuff.

Sltwtr1 5 May 2020 10:25

This guy Jordan has really run his mouth and put those guys in horrible position and publicly stated he has no leverage/support.

Now the world knows what those guys were there to do, Venezuela would look weak and inspire other attempts if they let them go.

If they would have maintained cover for action, no matter how far fetched, it would have given Maduro wiggle room to make a deal on the DL for cash etc, saying they were NGO reps wrong place wrong time etc and they are being released on humanitarian grounds etc...

My .02 cents

Sltwtr1

OUT

Local 5 May 2020 14:51

Horrible all around.

How are you going to name your guys?

SHHINT 5 May 2020 15:04

They had no cover for action lol

Sapperdeep 5 May 2020 21:22

I went through the 18D course with Jordan. He went to 5th and then over to 1-10 for awhile.

CIF life yo.

Godzilla 5 May 2020 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by J@mes (Post 1058860722)
Your comment

I've seen plenty of people comment on this situation on various social media sites and your comment is the dumbest one yet. They weren't SEALs, it was some of our own. No need to try and stir some s**t up man, that's gay. Yeah, they were no longer active but still from the SF community. And no, Goudreau was not from 7th. I know that for a fact, we used to train in a gym together when he was going through the Q. The others, I can't say from personal knowledge but credible folks I know are stating 10th.

I'm very disappointed in this situation. By the way, it's CIF and not SIF when CIF was the term used. It has changed since, but you probably knew that since you seem to be in the know. Take your s**t to FB.

Maverick 6 May 2020 11:14

There's still a lot that doesn't seem to add up...either that or there was gross negligence.

The Twitter page for SilverCorp has been taken down, but the last tweet stated, "Strikeforce incursion into Venezuela. 60 Venezuelan, 2 American ex Green Beret." The account was created back in March of 2018, so I have no reason to believe that it's a bogus account that somebody created to attract attention...who tweets about shit like this?

Like Godzilla, I've seen a lot of different stuff floating around on social media about this, to include from people that are supposedly "in the know." All that I can say is that I'm dumbfounded. I'm leaning (hoping) on there being a lot more to the story that we don't know...

Silverbullet 6 May 2020 11:41

This is the Special Forces area, not the Lounge.

Stop with the off topic and/or trivial posts.

Thanks