SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   International Jobs (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Haven't heard back from company for overseas position? (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=131590)

FrankieT93 21 January 2018 16:57

Haven't heard back from company for overseas position?

I was contacted for a position overseas and at that time my passport was in process of being sent to my mailbox. I received a follow up call in which details of the contract, to include pay were explained to me. I'm not sure if it's because of the government shutdown, but the person I was keeping in contact with said he would call me back between a certain day and hasn't followed up yet. How do I know if I got the job? Based off of the requirements list, I met all of them. Does anyone know if I'll get a notice of whether or not I was selected for the position? A little clarification would go a long way and much appreciated ")

Maverick 22 January 2018 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieT93 (Post 1058700211)
I was contacted for a position overseas and at that time my passport was in process of being sent to my mailbox. I received a follow up call in which details of the contract, to include pay were explained to me. I'm not sure if it's because of the government shutdown, but the person I was keeping in contact with said he would call me back between a certain day and hasn't followed up yet. How do I know if I got the job? Based off of the requirements list, I met all of them. Does anyone know if I'll get a notice of whether or not I was selected for the position? A little clarification would go a long way and much appreciated ")

Have you tried calling the recruiter??? :confused:

I'm not sure what kind of guidance you're trying to obtain here.

MixedLoad 22 January 2018 06:21

Quote:

How do I know if I got the job? Based off of the requirements list, I met all of them.
While that may seem like a logical conclusion, I would caution you to approach any kind of work opportunity in the future with a slightly different perspective.

You "know" you have the job when you land in theater and are assigned to the position. Until then, there tends to be a lot that can go wrong. From what you've told us, you do not have a signed contract, nor been extended a conditional offer of employment.

All this to say, the Government shutdown, at this stage, is the least of your troubles in regards to your employability with this company.

Contact the recruiter.

Dark Helmet 22 January 2018 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieT93 (Post 1058700211)
Does anyone know if I'll get a notice of whether or not I was selected for the position?

Pretty safe to say that nobody here has your answer.

Thread closed.