SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Special Forces (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Don Hussen missing in AK (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=135013)

Jong 8 August 2019 14:38

Don Hussen missing in AK

I know Don is a retired 10th group 18D and PA and pretty sure he's done more that he's eluded to but never fully said. I'm hoping he's found so he can be pissed at me for posting this, but it isn't looking good. Don is a friend of mine and a great guy. He's been splitting his time between living in a remote cabin and down south. I've been to his cabin where he walked away from in the middle of the night. His cabin is on a road and everything off that road is actual wilderness. I called the hotline and all they could tell me other than the info already posted is they are actively searching for him and calling for additional resources.

http://silveralert.alaska.gov/AlertT...a-fcb8041c96c8

Sigi 8 August 2019 19:16

Praying they find him and get him home safe.

Mars 8 August 2019 19:17

Praying for his safe return.

justamedic 8 August 2019 23:01

First I am hearing of this.
I hope they locate your man.

GPC 9 August 2019 10:49

I hope he is safe.

Steamin 9 August 2019 20:24

Hope he is found safe and that he just wanted to go on a walk about.

Local 9 August 2019 23:17

prayers for safely home

GPC 12 August 2019 11:37

Any updates?

Jong 12 August 2019 11:59

I got a message from a friend that still lives up in AK. She asked around and came up with some info that unfortunately isn't positive. The official search has been called off. There are still some locals out searching for him. His last known location was 3 miles from the highway and he wasn't himself when he left and was very confused. The search dogs didn't find any scent on the highway. I wouldn't be surprised if he's never found and there is no resolution to this. If you're curious as to where he wandered off from, his cabin is just east of Manley Hot Springs, AK. If you go to googleearth you'll see Eureka Creek Airport, he lived just east of that. This is sad, although knowing Don this kind of seems the way he'd want to go out. Probably be mad that anyone is even concerned about him!

Bronco 12 August 2019 13:25

Not good news. Thanks for keeping us posted. I enjoyed working with him in Erbil.

Stretch 12 August 2019 14:02

I pray he’s found his own resting place and peace.

Denny 14 August 2019 15:05

Prayer for safe return

GPC 18 August 2019 10:38

Very sorry to hear he has not been found.

Jong 18 August 2019 11:54

Latest news I got this am is he's still missing. I was able to confirm from a neighbor that he'd been having issues the week before with his mental state. Last night it also got below freezing. The locals are still out searching for him.

Mars 18 August 2019 12:46

It speaks well of him that the public is still searching for him of their own accord. I hate the fact that he hasn't been found yet.

Gunk 19 August 2019 14:31

I'm hoping he's found and ok.

Linda1961 20 August 2019 03:13

Praying hes found and is okay. Praying for you also Jong and all the people who are searching and all the people who know and care about him.

PV74RU78 20 August 2019 10:13

Prayers for his safe return.

Jong 25 August 2019 10:20

This is the latest news from AK.

Off and on. We had a big search group last weekend and a couple people went out over the week. There are some more plans in the works for air searching and possibly by canoe to check the creek banks.

It's just us locals though. The official search and rescue efforts ended back on Aug 8th.

1RiserSlip 27 August 2019 12:37

Very unfortunate. Sorry about your friend Jong. I hope he is found. It seems closure is never attainable until then.