SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Humor (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Were you in the Army? (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=135620)

leopardprey 11 December 2019 17:16

Were you in the Army?

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, where you in the Army? Sigh......

I have seen several vehicles like this across town or when go to the VA hospital. Lol. Ok, just maybe one decal, one bumper sticker or one personal license plate to denote your veteran status. Donít overdo it!

Gray Rhyno 11 December 2019 17:51

Do you think he was a sniper? :confused:

Shadow 11 December 2019 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno (Post 1058830552)

Do you think he was a sniper? :confused:

Probably not...

Gsniper 11 December 2019 18:21

No, or he wouldn't have that gay ass shit on his truck. Probably went to a Battalion level SDM course or did an online class or some such. That's about as gay as the whole HOG/PIG thing in the Corps.

Anybody that tries too hard to be a sniper, isn't. Says the man with the screen name Gsniper. How fuckin funny is that?

My stickers on the back of the Subaru are smaller.

HighDragLowSpeed 11 December 2019 18:29

I miss the cars on Bragg in which there were so many stickers on the back window that they could only use see out the rear view mirror through the two Os in the "PARATROOPER" sticker.

I dont even have veteran plates nor do I plan to.

Steve40th 11 December 2019 19:25

One car has Veteran plates. One out of 5.. I may just out regular ones on next time they are do.. No need to advertise.

HighDragLowSpeed 11 December 2019 19:29

There *is* still time to get the service specific ballcap to wear to the mall and supermarket though....

hawkdrver 11 December 2019 19:34

Same dude that wears his DCU's to get priority boarding for his coach seat.

Having said all that I park in he VFW parking at Cabala's every time :)

havok88 11 December 2019 19:38

Just in case you missed the first few stickers, he threw in some more to provide better opportunity for you to thank him for his service.

There is a truck I have seen on the highway in Texas a few times that has probably every USMC sticker made on the back of it. I just dont understand turning a vehicle into a mobile billboard of your DD214.

low&slow 11 December 2019 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsniper (Post 1058830563)
No, or he wouldn't have that gay ass shit on his truck. Probably went to a Battalion level SDM course or did an online class or some such. That's about as gay as the whole HOG/PIG thing in the Corps.

Anybody that tries too hard to be a sniper, isn't. Says the man with the screen name Gsniper. How fuckin funny is that?

My stickers on the back of the Subaru are smaller.

Do you really drive a Subaru?

My tacoma is sanitized, other than my army plate. My life member NRA status will remain our secret; no desire to call safelite over commie hate damage to my vehicle...

Gsniper 11 December 2019 19:45

Shit yeah I drive a Subaru. It's well documented. It even has a CoExist sticker on it.

Nobody puts Baby in a corner in a Jeep with a bunch of "look at me" shit on it.

1RiserSlip 11 December 2019 20:26

A guy introduced himself as a sniper to me some time ago. Such a “special sniper” that the Army let him keep his sniper rifle and take it home when he left service. Oh Yeah. I didn’t ask to see it. He apparently had a TBI as well. Since I didn’t want to further hurt his head I walked away.

Imagine that.

Gsniper 11 December 2019 20:31

Pretending to be a sniper comes and goes with the movies. We haven't had a good sniper movie in a while.

Posers will just have to tide themselves over with pretending to be SEALs till the next one comes out.

billdawg 11 December 2019 21:19

And apparently he's older than Moses. Looking at his "Look at me" stickers, he fought in Korea, Iraq, & Afghanistan. That's a bad mofo.
It's been my experience that the one that talks the loudest has done the least

leopardprey 11 December 2019 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by billdawg (Post 1058830613)
And apparently he's older than Moses. Looking at his "Look at me" stickers, he fought in Korea, Iraq, & Afghanistan. That's a bad mofo.
It's been my experience that the one that talks the loudest has done the least

Means he was a sniper on the DMZ in Korea back in 2011 probably....

Maas 11 December 2019 22:27

I agree. But I think age may factor in it. My dad didnít have anything on his vehicle except the post sticker with the ďRĒ beside. Then he hit his mid sixties and he got license plate that said 8Ranger on it. And had decals from the 82, 11, 101, 187 and Ranger scroll on the bottom of his back window.

He didnít drive a Subaru.

Maas

nofear 12 December 2019 02:22

With that many stickers, you'd think it was a business vehicle.

I plan on getting a small My Little Pony sticker on my truck...probably Applejack, as she's the hottest of the lot.

SombraBlanca 12 December 2019 04:06

I have US Paratrooper plates with a small metallic LRRA emblem on the tailgate - I put those on to one-up guy at work who put DV plates on his car - he is a serial one-upper who claims DV status for PTSD as a TXARNG forward observer...brags about calling Danger Close...and is dyslexic

Soutpiel 12 December 2019 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip (Post 1058830597)
.....that the Army let him keep his sniper rifle and take it home when he left service....

Lol. :tongue: Does actually happen albeit it not in the US. As true as bob a blueprinted made-to-measure R1 (ZA manufactured FN FAL) that I had been using was given to me to take home back in the day. Until the regime changed and I got a knock on the door. Broke my heart to part with it

litepath 12 December 2019 22:30

No. Some of us only run stickers for effect.

Never was a fan of stickers, even on my racecars.

https://pix.2aholster.com/wp-content...6204149881.jpg

Steve788 13 December 2019 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by SombraBlanca (Post 1058830666)
a TXARNG forward observer...and is dyslexic

That just sounds like a bad idea, all around!

34RX 13 December 2019 04:08

I recall a black Jeep with huge Ranger tabs on either side of the hood. I believe Ft. Benning around 1999. He may have been from RTB as I think they were evaluating our teams.

steve 13 December 2019 08:10

There is a guy driving around my area with an electronic scrolling sign in his window that scrolls " I served OEF/OIF"

Gumby2/6 13 December 2019 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsniper (Post 1058830563)
..That's about as gay as the whole HOG/PIG thing in the Corps.

Harsh :eek::redface:;)

JAFO 13 December 2019 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve (Post 1058830952)
There is a guy driving around my area with an electronic scrolling sign in his window that scrolls " I served OEF/OIF"

Served what? Coffee and donuts at the FOB?

billdawg 13 December 2019 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFO (Post 1058831040)
Served what? Coffee and donuts at the FOB?

"An unappreciated field of endeavor, sir"

JAFO 13 December 2019 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by billdawg (Post 1058831041)

And deserving of a CIB, or a NAM at a minimum. :biggrin:

dustyrebel 13 December 2019 16:02

Some great quotes from that movie

billdawg 13 December 2019 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustyrebel (Post 1058831099)

Some great quotes from that movie

yep. A lot of them

wildman43 14 December 2019 04:11

Only thing I have on my truck is a plate frame KMA 367 Rampart Div. LA. didn't have my new tags yes got pulled over, LEO walks up asked if I was from L.A, I say yes an retired. he stated Make sure you get you tags put on.