SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   RIP: Boy Scouts (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=132307)

wildman43 3 May 2018 12:25

RIP: Boy Scouts

Dam left wing SOB's an their political B.S.

RIP: Boy Scouts Change Name After 108 Years :eek: :mad:

The commissars of political correctness, ‘inclusiveness’ and diversity have had their way. And now the Boy Scouts of America has officially died.

After over a century of operation as an institution to train young boys into virtuous, self-reliant young men, the BSA has succumbed and will now be known simply as ‘Scouts BSA’.
According to Chief Scout Executive Mike Surbaugh, they made the decision because it “conveys the inclusive nature of the program” going forward.
Memo from God: “That whole ‘male and female He created them’ thing wasn’t a euphemism.”
Meanwhile, we’re still waiting on word from the Girl Scouts on whether they’ll recognize reality and properly merge with the uber-feminist National Organization for Women.

Streck-Fu 3 May 2018 12:42

We left Scouts a couple years ago at the Cub Scout pack level and never ventured into Boy Scouts. This was right about the same time they announced they were permitting gay scouts to remain.

Our decision to leave was not related to that policy, rather, the national and council levels of professional scout leaders were only concerned about two things, recruiting and fund raising. Both were oppressive.

The local leaders were mostly pretty good and tried to run the best program that they could but when new scout parents try to get used to the program and jump right into popcorn sales only to be blasted with Friends Of Scouts fundraising, it becomes too much about the money.

Our Council insisted on doing a big sales pitch for the Friends of Scouting that took half of one meeting. Most parents were still trying to figure what they had to pay for after popcorn sales when they had to digest that 70% goes to the council.

"You said the program is $150 this year and Jimmy sold $220 worth."

"With that $220 is sales, you get $66 dollars credit to the program so you still owe $84. Oh, please fill out this Friends of Scouting donation card. 100% participation is required."

"Fuck off......"

However, this may still be a better alternative to the Girl Scouts of America, especially for girls that do not consider an abortion to be a life goal.

Silverbullet 3 May 2018 13:33

BSA killed the Boy Scouts. They played along and now are where they are, all on their own.

Box 3 May 2018 13:43

They should change the name to "Super Adventure Club of America" and put Jerome McElroy in charge of taking care of the children.
...what difference, at this point, does it make?

DirtyDog0311 3 May 2018 13:51

If you follow the way the BSA was destroyed you can understand the methodology used to kill it. And once you see that framework you can instantly see how it's being applied to the .mil right now. And anyone that says otherwise simply hasn't been paying attention.

This framework is being applied to every single institution of American culture and tradition. The military was/is the last holdout. They will break. I guarantee it. No rose colored glasses here. Either fight or die. And it seems that no one is interested in fighting it. Or if they are they seem to be doing only a good job at losing.

CV 3 May 2018 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 (Post 1058722523)
If you follow the way the BSA was destroyed you can understand the methodology used to kill it. And once you see that framework you can instantly see how it's being applied to the .mil right now. And anyone that says otherwise simply hasn't been paying attention.

This framework is being applied to every single institution of American culture and tradition. The military was/is the last holdout. They will break. I guarantee it. No rose colored glasses here. Either fight or die. And it seems that no one is interested in fighting it. Or if they are they seem to be doing only a good job at losing.

...or the BSA made a business decision. Their membership has been waining for years, even before all of this.

DirtyDog0311 3 May 2018 14:08

IMO, that was the excuse used by their 'leadership' to cover for their lack of spine. They sold out.

Sharky 3 May 2018 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 (Post 1058722529)
IMO, that was the excuse used by their 'leadership' to cover for their lack of spine. They sold out.

Agree.

jhes160 3 May 2018 14:23

Playing devils advocate and hearing from a female Soldier I respect: " Girls want to join the Boy Scouts because Girl Scouts is boring as fuck" I consider myself lucky because I don't have any daughters. But if I did and they were tom boys who enjoyed fishing, shooting and camping...Boy Scouts is or at least when I did it was a good place for that.

leopardprey 3 May 2018 14:24

As an Eagle Scout, today I am dismayed and pissed off.

BSA leadership has become a bunch of cowards, putting political correctivness and money over the Scout Law and Oath.

leopardprey 3 May 2018 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhes160 (Post 1058722534)
Playing devils advocate and hearing from a female Soldier I respect: " Girls want to join the Boy Scouts because Girl Scouts is boring as fuck" I consider myself lucky because I don't have any daughters. But if I did and they were tom boys who enjoyed fishing, shooting and camping...Boy Scouts is or at least when I did it was a good place for that.

Start a new Girl's organization then.

billdawg 3 May 2018 14:40

Quote:

So fix the Girl Scouts, don't fuck up the Boy Scouts. That's the problem with everybody. They want everything and everybody to be the same.
There's plenty of co-ed type groups out there FFA, 4-H, etc. Why is it everytime some group wants someone else to kowtow to them and change their behavior? Maddening. But, then we live in a very selfish world

steve 3 May 2018 14:52

Actually the organization name will remain Boy Scouts of America, likely because it was too costly to change all of the branding. The program known as Boy Scouts will be known as Scouts BSA, no change to Cub Scouts or Venturing. They say it is to serve families who have to ferry kids from different activities yet the plan is for separate Packs and Troops for each gender, we all know this won't happen as it would require double the resources presently needed. It's a giant shit show.

I foresee the #metoo movement will be out in force the first time someone goes to piss in the woods.

WGH0922 3 May 2018 14:58

This article is a bit dated but any 501(c)(3) non-profit organization where the Chief Executive has a salary over $500k is a scam.

https://www.ocregister.com/2009/08/0...or-top-exec-2/

Keganswar 3 May 2018 15:02

Some of my best childhood memories involves being a boy scout. Had the boy scout's said go fuck off and stuck to their guns instead of comprising on the values that built the organization they would have been better off.

Armitage12 3 May 2018 15:11

Quote:

This was the perception I gathered from talking with parents in this area, and with my own mother's regular observation of the deterioration of the Girl Scouts. Her experience with the organization in the 1960s was more like what Boy Scouts is -- camping and outdoor adventures, including time at sea in the Sea Scouts. She lamented the decline, especially when her nieces reported back what it had become where she grew up when they went through it.

Boy Scouts will win this one because they can offer what the Girl Scouts dropped: something for the sisters to do when the parents love the outdoors and the sons get to do something outdoors, as jhes notes. It will be the final death of the Girl Scouts, two decades after the leftists took it over.

The latest word (I'm on a local troop's committee) is that Troops will not be integrated, but the chartering organization is welcomed to establish a second Troop for the girls. The two troops can do things together or can lead completely separate lives, if they wish. The affiliated Cub Scout Pack took a vote of all parents and unanimously (yes, unanimously) voted not to establish a parallel Pack for girls. So where we're at, no girl cub scouts will mean no demand for a girls Troop, so that's that.

1RiserSlip 3 May 2018 18:13

That's fucked up as two boy's fucking. Which may be normal now with gay Scout Masters.

They put in a huge facility near me, about 22 miles away. It's the retreat used for their gatherings East of the Mississippi.(Every 4 years?) The POTUS made a speech from there last year..

The land they used for the Retreat was some of my better turkey hunting grounds. I figured it was for a good cause and great for tourism and putting some $$$$$ in the local economy.

There were girls at the last retreat there BTW, so this has been in the works for awhile.

Once a Great organization with many Presidents & Hisoric figures in that club.

Why can't the Girl Scouts change their program to include more things than selling cookies?

B 2/75 3 May 2018 18:31

Boy Scouts up to Life / OA. The great thing was this was in East TN, and we were on the Appalachian Train pretty much non-stop, except for when we were caving. My most noble wish as a young teen was to to to Philmont, which never happened.

BSA blew it, big time.

MizzouMP 3 May 2018 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by B 2/75 (Post 1058722584)
My most noble wish as a young teen was to to to Philmont, which never happened

I was lucky enough to go x2 when in my teens and had a blast.

That said, after this crap, I made the choice/call a few days back to the Council I give to in MO. The 2 professional Scouters that have been working for the Council for a very long time were disappointed but understood.

I'm done with them. I will start looking at more stuff that the Elks do and go from there.

swamppirate 3 May 2018 18:55

I will miss the BSA of yore. Great memories back then, too bad kids will have that no more. RIP