SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Weapons (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Bump Stocks (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=130855)

1RiserSlip 4 October 2017 15:20

Bump Stocks

I never really heard of these things until the recent Las Vegas shootings. I was watching that thing unfold that night with a bout of insomnia.

I detected in the very first videos released the change of the rate of fire. It threw me off.

With those of you in the know... what do these things do? I read a little about them. Does it essentially turn the rifle in a blowback operated type rifle?

AKAPete 4 October 2017 15:28

Here is a clip of how it's done without the Bump Stock - which helps explain how the BS works

Link

mdwest 4 October 2017 16:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddPTyoV-Irc

Video featuring a bump fire stock..

GPC 4 October 2017 17:28

You can do this also.

https://youtu.be/PVfwFP_RwTQ

Gsniper 4 October 2017 17:49

I'm going to invest in one, just in case the need ever arises for me to shoot 30 rounds really fast and not hit shit.

Sharky 4 October 2017 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsniper (Post 1058676288)
I'm going to invest in one, just in case the need ever arises for me to shoot 30 rounds really fast and not hit shit.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DirtyDog0311 4 October 2017 17:51

They're fun gimmicky toys, we got my old man one for xmas a while back. He likes it. He likes it more because he has it on one of my rifles and he rags the shit out of it.

Yesterday I called him and told him that thing probably quadrupled in price recently.

poison 4 October 2017 17:52

Quote:

I think they should hand them out with cable locks upon purchase or a rifle. If you don't know, then you don't need to know. :biggrin:

diverescue 4 October 2017 18:10

The stock allows the action to move back and forth a half inch or so. This allows holding the stock firmly with the shooting hand, the fore end loosely with the off hand, and the action bounces front to back with the recoil, activating the trigger and allowing it to reset.

The ones I saw had a switch (mechanical, not electrical) on the stock to lock it into solid non-bumpfire mode when desired.

As mentioned above, you can do the same thing with a rubber band or a little training.

DirtyDog0311 4 October 2017 18:19

https://media.giphy.com/media/eRBPoZxCzc9NK/giphy.gif

I believe it used to have a spring in the rear to help push the rifle back forward, but the ATF fucking broke out the "no fun allowed" sign again and banned that feature.

1RiserSlip 4 October 2017 18:28

I'very watched some of the U tube videos. Now I'm going to have to play around with the M4.

Guess I'm a dinosaur.

IronCross 4 October 2017 19:48

I do not and have never 'gotten' the bumpstock.
Why not just spam the trigger?

havok88 4 October 2017 21:29

people are paying over $500 on gun broker right now. I dont want to see these things banned, but I dont think Id pay $20 for one.

1RiserSlip 4 October 2017 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by havok88 (Post 1058676412)
people are paying over $500 on gun broker right now. I dont want to see these things banned, but I dont think Id pay $20 for one.

I think we're headed for a ban though. With all the attention the stocks are getting. I guess sometimes you have to shoot a hostage. I'm not interested in one and wouldn't pay near that money for it. Especially now that I see alternatives already mentioned. Automatic fire without a bipod/tripod is unaccurate fire anyhow. Suppressive yes, but not accurate.

Gsniper 4 October 2017 21:42

Fuck, the ATF should give em away for free. That fuckwad in Vegas would have killed a lot more if he'd been shooting instead of spraying.

DirtyDog0311 4 October 2017 23:44

1 Attachment(s)
There should be no quarter given for any RINO fucks that even HINT they would cave and even "talk" to the libshits about gun bans, of ANY kind. You know they're truly deserving to be relabeled a liberty-tree waterer when they start throwing around the stupid pavlovian term "Bipartisan".

Will McCain still be alive to fuck us over once again? Clock's ticking on that fucking bastard too.....

Quote:

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, House Republican chair, aired concerns about so-called bump stock modifications that allow semi-automatic rifles to function like near-automatic weapons, and whether such attachments should be legal.

“We are talking to ATF [Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives], we are talking to others – what is this device, how exactly it works and if it has the effect of being a machine gun, whether or not that should be allowed or, who should have access to these types of weapons,” Rodgers told ABC News' Rick Klein and MaryAlice Parks on the "Powerhouse Politics" podcast this week.

A rifle modified with a bump stock or similar device, like 12 of the weapons found in Stephen Paddock’s Mandalay Bay Hotel room, makes it possible to fire at near-machine gun speed. Fully automatic rifles manufactured before 1986 are still legal but must be registered with the government and are tightly controlled.The details are still coming out, Rodgers said, and there are many questions to be answered.Since elected in 2005, Rodgers has been a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment and recieved an A Rating from the NRA on gun access.
Where's that old video of the LARPing kid throwing toilet paper balls effeminately screaming 'lightning bolt! lightning bolt! lightning bolt!". Because that's what people should be doing to these treasonous wretches right now talking about shitting on the Constitution.

Serious question, when the hell has a (D) ever fucked over his own party and crossed over the aisle on anything major?

Maverick 5 October 2017 00:38

Screw the bump stock...get yourself a Gat Crank instead. They run about $40.

YOUTUBE LINK

1RiserSlip 5 October 2017 05:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick (Post 1058676476)
Screw the bump stock...get yourself a Gat Crank instead. They run about $40.

YOUTUBE LINK

Cool. I don't need either but I'm soaking this shit up.
I will be playing with the M4 this weekend.

Ole crusty bastard 5 October 2017 05:27

I like the rubber band idea, I think I'm going to try it on my 700. The trigger is too tight, a few wraps with a rubber band and that should decrease the pull. So a few rounds go off before they are suppose to, no big deal.

:rolleyes:

Forestboy 5 October 2017 06:41

Quote:

That's why Sharky purchased his STI.

Slide Fire Stock: 13-14 rounds expended pretty quickly. P.O.F. 416 Upper
https://youtu.be/mvKdNahloYg