SOCNET - The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET - The Special Operations Community Network (https://socnet.com/index.php)
-   Special Operations Tributes (https://socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=248)
-   -   SFC Jamie “Jay” Otts, (https://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=131790)

Sado_1 15 February 2018 06:44

SFC Jamie “Jay” Otts,

On Sunday, February 11, 2018, SFC Jamie “Jay” Otts, was pronounced deceased at the Cape Fear Medical Center in Fayetteville, NC. Jay spent over a decade in the US Army, Special Forces and was currently assigned to A Co, 1st Batallion, 1st Special Warfare Training Group(AIRBORNE) or ....A Co, 1/ 1 SWTG(A). Jay previously served through his career at a few assignments through 3rd group.

Jay traveled that Sunday afternoon with his wife into town on their motorcycles, to see their son at a local eatery. On the way home about 1/4 a mile from their subdivision, Jay lost control of his bike after he hit a large patch of loose gravel and was ejected into a ditch. Jay died of internal bleeding from the impact he suffered. His wife was present at the time of the incident. He leaves behind 3 beautiful kids, 2 boys (17, 15) and a daughter 12.

Jay was probably one of the greatest patriots I knew, and loved his family with all of his heart. He was a diehard Bama fan, and his favorite pastime was riding his bike with his wife.

There will be funeral services held this Friday for anyone who’s interested in attending. The following Friday, there will be an additional ceremony on Fort Bragg, followed by his burial at Arlington. For information, send me a pm.

For another one gone too soon.... as Jay always said, “until Valhalla”.

Godzilla 15 February 2018 07:43

Jay was a good dude. We were on the same FB in OEF shortly after he got to SF. I thought back then that he would become a good SF guy and that he did. Great reputation and quick to help out whether he knew you or not, contribute by giving solutions rather than bitching about stuff....very reliable, just an all around great guy.

Gone too soon. RIP Jay.

Purple36 15 February 2018 07:43

[QUOTE=Sado_1;1058706276]On Sunday, February 11, 2018, SFC Jamie “Jay” Otts, was pronounced deceased at the Cape Fear Medical Center in Fayetteville, NC. Jay spent over a decade in the US Army, Special Forces and was currently assigned to A Co, 1st Batallion, 1st Special Warfare Training Group(AIRBORNE) or ....A Co, 1/ 1 SWTG(A). Jay previously served through his career at a few assignments through 3rd group.

Jay traveled that Sunday afternoon with his wife into town on their motorcycles, to see their son at a local eatery. On the way home about 1/4 a mile from their subdivision, Jay lost control of his bike after he hit a large patch of loose gravel and was ejected into a ditch. Jay died of internal bleeding from the impact he suffered. His wife was present at the time of the incident. He leaves behind 3 beautiful kids, 2 boys (17, 15) and a daughter 12.

Jay was probably one of the greatest patriots I knew, and loved his family with all of his heart. He was a diehard Bama fan, and his favorite pastime was riding his bike with his wife.

There will be funeral services held this Friday for anyone who’s interested in attending. The following Friday, there will be an additional ceremony on Fort Bragg, followed by his burial at Arlington. For information, send me a pm.

For another one gone too soon.... as Jay always said, “until Valhalla”.[/QUOTE]

Another damn bike fatality. He was a friend of a few people I know. RIP.

Dangerous 15 February 2018 08:02

Rest in Peace Brother. DOL

HighDragLowSpeed 15 February 2018 08:10

Rest in Peace, brother.

8654maine 15 February 2018 08:22

RIP.

RedDawg_03 15 February 2018 08:48

RIP

gavin 15 February 2018 10:42

Rest easy, J.

See you at the ORP.

Mars 15 February 2018 10:44

Rest In Peace, Warrior!

Gumby2/6 15 February 2018 12:34

RIP

Sharky 15 February 2018 16:01

RIP Brother

Sado_1 15 February 2018 18:08

[QUOTE=Godzilla;1058706283]Jay was a good dude. We were on the same FB in OEF shortly after he got to SF. I thought back then that he would become a good SF guy and that he did. Great reputation and quick to help out whether he knew you or not, contribute by giving solutions rather than bitching about stuff....very reliable, just an all around great guy.

Gone too soon. RIP Jay.[/QUOTE]

Jay was awesome! Always smiling and always laughing. He was truly a warrior and a freaking amazing solid dude. We met several years ago and I adored him and his family. Inevitably, they became a part of my family. I can’t believe this and frankly it seems surreal. Our world lost one of its greatest freaking pipe hitters for sure. I’m glad that some of you here actually knew him. Frankly, I’m surely better for having know him.

cedsall 15 February 2018 19:30

Rest in Peace.

Gray Rhyno 15 February 2018 22:35

RIP Soldier.

Balls 20 February 2018 06:17

Rest easy, Jay.

CDRODA396 20 February 2018 08:02

Jay was one of those guys that when you meet him, you're like woaaa, dude, turn down the volume! Once you got to know him, you realized his energy and volume were how his passion for everything came out. One of those guys that would stop and drop everything to help you with whatever you needed. I was joking recently with all the bike riders in the company, asking them, "I've decided I am going to learn to ride, can I borrow your bike? Of course everyone said no in a not so suitable for work manner, but Jay stopped and talked about several ways to learn, pro's of each and what he thought was best...loved his bikes, loved to help. He's among Warriors now and you can bet your ass he will be at the entrance to welcome everyone in when they arrive, drink in hand and big 'ole shit-eatin grin on his face! Rest In Peace Jay!

256 20 February 2018 14:12

I don’t have FB, is there anything to donate to the family? Sorry to hear this, RIP

Forestboy 20 February 2018 19:24

R.I.P. Warrior....

PV74RU78 21 February 2018 13:57

RIP, Warrior.

Sado_1 24 February 2018 07:39

[QUOTE=256;1058707472]I don’t have FB, is there anything to donate to the family? Sorry to hear this, RIP[/QUOTE]

There are two ways- the Green Beret Foundation is taking donations, as well as a donation account for the family through go fund me. If you want, pm me and I’ll send the info for GBF. This is the link for gofundme.
https://www.gofundme.com/555yvh4

Sado_1 24 February 2018 07:44

[QUOTE=CDRODA396;1058707410]Jay was one of those guys that when you meet him, you're like woaaa, dude, turn down the volume! Once you got to know him, you realized his energy and volume were how his passion for everything came out. One of those guys that would stop and drop everything to help you with whatever you needed. I was joking recently with all the bike riders in the company, asking them, "I've decided I am going to learn to ride, can I borrow your bike? Of course everyone said no in a not so suitable for work manner, but Jay stopped and talked about several ways to learn, pro's of each and what he thought was best...loved his bikes, loved to help. He's among Warriors now and you can bet your ass he will be at the entrance to welcome everyone in when they arrive, drink in hand and big 'ole shit-eatin grin on his face! Rest In Peace Jay![/QUOTE]

As Jay would say.. “turn down for what!??” Baha. I’ll never forget calling him crying about my sorrows and divorce and whatever. He laughed and said get over it... go lift... drink a beer... and get your mind right. Lol. His wife encompasses the same spirit but with a little more gentleness haha. He and his family were one of the first to show up to help me move. As I stood there literally standing still... he was like, “girl... get your freaking head out of the trash and let’s go we got S$$$ to be doing ...” his wife was already leaned back in the truck, feet up in the dash board. For some of the darkest moments in my life, that dynamic pair was my rock and brought many smiles to my face. Keep his wife in your prayers. We did the memorial service yesterday and it’s so heartbreaking to see her pain like this. I can’t help but imagine seeing him again and him talking smack about why we were all crying.... yes with that shit eating grin.

CDRODA396 24 February 2018 07:56

What a great story his brother related at the Memorial, "Get a Parade Rest,"...."Yeah, I'm not interested in that right now," Jay in a nutshell...

SF_BHT 24 February 2018 23:27

Rest In Peace Brother....

256 26 February 2018 03:55

[QUOTE=Sado_1;1058708476]There are two ways- the Green Beret Foundation is taking donations, as well as a donation account for the family through go fund me. If you want, pm me and I’ll send the info for GBF. This is the link for gofundme.
https://www.gofundme.com/555yvh4[/QUOTE]

Sado,

Got it, thank you. Sorry, I didn’t see this earlier.

The Fat Guy 26 February 2018 06:17

We bid you adieu Brother, but just for a minute. We will all be along soon enough. Rest Peacefully.

agonyea 26 February 2018 07:53

Rest in peace........

HOPE MILLS - SFC Jamie Harold “Jay” Otts, 41, of Hope Mills, NC Passed Away on Sunday, February 11, 2018. A funeral service will be held on Friday, February 16, 2018 at 2pm in Jernigan-Warren Chapel. The family will receive friends following the funeral service. Burial with Full Military Honors will take place at a later date in Arlington National Cemetery. Jay was born 01 January, 1977 in Amory, MS; Jay was the oldest of two sons born to Harold Otts. Jay was a prominent member of Special Forces Community. Having served most recently in 3rd Special Forces Group. He had a love for life and a personality so big it would fill the room. He enjoyed being a family man, serving his country, and riding his Harley-Davidson. He is survived by his Wife of 19 years, Crystal Otts, two sons, Tyler and Dakota, a daughter, Harley, Father Harold Otts, Mother Teresa Bynum, Brothers William Hester and Josh Otts, sister Kayla Bynum, His Grandparents, James and Dean Otts, his aunt, Willie Mae Hughley. In Lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Dancing Angels Foundation PO Box 352, Autryville, NC 28314, or the Jay Otts memorial Fund on gofundme.org

Denny 18 April 2018 13:02

RIP brother God speed and prayers for the family

Godzilla 16 December 2018 08:29

Stopped by to see Jay at ANC, a friend of Jay and his brother was there and we exchanged some stories. I had a couple small bottles of Jamison so we gave a toast in his honor. RIP Jay.