SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Can Erik Prince go any lower? (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=134062)

Purple36 1 February 2019 20:53

Can Erik Prince go any lower?

If this was the 40s, would Prince have assisted the Nazis for the almighty$$? Helping the Chinese training in Xinjiang, where right now, hundreds of thousands of Uighur in being imprisoned in camps? The disgust I feel for this guy is boundless.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...m=.5c5579aec67

DirtyDog0311 1 February 2019 21:04

I could give 2 shits about the muzzles in camps —- but helping the Chinese is almost borderline treason in my book. It’s only a matter of time until we’re in a shooting war with them, and any training they receive is going to be that much more American lives they’re able to take.

Justaclerk 1 February 2019 21:22

The term ‘near peer’ comes to mind.

mike76233 1 February 2019 21:38

"Western governments and human rights advocates have said the camps are prisons and that the state is trying to dilute Uighur language and culture."

This quote stuck out. Funny how these western governments have no issue diluting their own languages and cultures. Much greater threat than the Chinese imo.

I don't know much about Prince but the article isn't specifying what kind of training is taking place. Without that knowledge, how is it possible to know whether that training can or will pose a threat to our country?

DSSRonin 1 February 2019 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike76233 (Post 1058779054)
I don't know much about Prince but the article isn't specifying what kind of training is taking place. Without that knowledge, how is it possible to know whether that training can or will pose a threat to our country?

As I understand it, the ChiComms are concerned about security on their Belt n Road projects (in the Ickystans) and in Africa. The training is focused on static and mobile security - not SOF/SAD stuff (slippery slope though IMHO).

Stretch 1 February 2019 21:54

My first though was Apollonia 6.

My second thought, after reading linked article, was treason.

mike76233 1 February 2019 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSSRonin (Post 1058779055)
As I understand it, the ChiComms are concerned about security on their Belt n Road projects (in the Ickystans) and in Africa. The training is focused on static and mobile security - not SOF/SAD stuff (slippery slope though IMHO).

Thanks for the info.

Gsniper 1 February 2019 21:56

Quote:

My first though was Apollonia 6.
I added the Erik part, I was confused at first also.

Mars 1 February 2019 22:01

It's sort of like train-the-trainer. They will learn it under whatever reasoning they need to give in order to get the training and then train their people to eventually use it against us or someone else. I don't trust them one bit concerning their reasoning for wanting to learn it.

nofear 1 February 2019 22:07

There's another thread on here somewhere about private western businesses training Chinese Govt agencies. It's been happening for at least a decade, so I don't see why EP should be punished/vilified for something many businesses have been doing legitimately for years.

Purple36 1 February 2019 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike76233 (Post 1058779054)
"Western governments and human rights advocates have said the camps are prisons and that the state is trying to dilute Uighur language and culture."

This quote stuck out. Funny how these western governments have no issue diluting their own languages and cultures. Much greater threat than the Chinese imo.

Any training to their security forces/military, etc, making them and their companies stronger in relation to the US is an act against the US IMO. However, it is particularly offensive given what is happening to the Uighur. DD, are you in favor of wholesale roundup of a population, prison camps, and the destruction of their society by communists. It's easy to call them disparaging names, but this is happening under our noses in 2019...I guess some folks felt the same when Hitler came for Jews and undesirables

275RLTW 1 February 2019 23:02

Oh. I see. The USG NEVER trains LE/mil of countries we aren’t necessarily friends with. (I remember Russian soldiers out at Ft Carson in 2012) People are just looking to stir the pot because it’s Prince.

Mars 1 February 2019 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by 275RLTW (Post 1058779093)
Oh. I see. The USG NEVER trains LE/mil of countries we aren’t necessarily friends with. (I remember Russian soldiers out at Ft Carson in 2012) People are just looking to stir the pot because it’s Prince.

I'm not okay with that either. We don't need to be training people we aren't "friendly" with. The fact that we do it doesn't make it right.

Massgrunt 1 February 2019 23:17

Erik Prince is a fucking scumbag who is quite happy to make money training our enemies. His cult of suckups and hangers on will find a reason to hold his pocket anyway.

mike76233 1 February 2019 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple36 (Post 1058779091)
Any training to their security forces/military, etc, making them and their companies stronger in relation to the US is an act against the US IMO.

I understand where you are coming from with this quote and you might be right. Far down on the list of what the biggest threats are imo.

As far as the treatment of the Uighur goes, there is far more at play historically. When one looks at the results of the Muslim conquest of Asia it becomes more apparent why the Chinese and the Burmese are doing what they are doing. I'm not saying it is right but what is the alternative when another religion and culture seeks to destroy and replace one's own?

magician 2 February 2019 04:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massgrunt (Post 1058779102)
Erik Prince is a fucking scumbag who is quite happy to make money training our enemies. His cult of suckups and hangers on will find a reason to hold his pocket anyway.

And that opinion is based on personal knowledge.

It bugs me that Prince pulls strings in the Trump administration.

As for the ChiComs and the Uighurs... they are just upgrading what they did in Tibet. Cultural suppression is a longstanding policy with them.

I am not favorably disposed to the Uighurs because they came to Bangkok and blew up my hometown.

They were mad that the Thai military regime deported Uighurs to China at Chinese behest.

Blowing up the Pra Prom shrine at the Erawan Hotel pissed me off.

gavin 2 February 2019 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsniper (Post 1058779059)
I added the Erik part, I was confused at first also.

You're not alone. I thought it was about the musician, and my answer was "no, not at this point."

jangalang 2 February 2019 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massgrunt (Post 1058779102)

Someone didn't get hired by BW, back in the day.

Sharky 2 February 2019 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jangalang (Post 1058779172)

Wrong. :rolleyes:

Polypro 2 February 2019 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by jangalang (Post 1058779172)

Who cares, Uncle Jesse was the best employer.