SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Pararescue (PJs) (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Need to vet ..my husband (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=125927)

lila222 18 December 2015 10:00

Need to vet ..my husband
 
Hi, I am married to a man who claims to have been a PJ in the late 90s/2000s but recently I am starting to question his claims. He has shown me his DD214 with a discharge date of 10/7/98 after only 3 years' service but he states he went into black ops and this is not reflected on his DD214 (which gives a general discharge under honorable conditions for misconduct and he says misconduct is a code for going into black ops). I didn't really buy this explanation even initially, but now he has successfully claimed VA disability (there are 2 other guys who supposedly served with him who testified on his behalf that while his service records indicated a discharge date of 1998, he actually was completing missions through 2008). Is this even possible, that the VA would accept this testimony in lieu of actual records? He also states that he has been awarded several medals including MOH but they will only be awarded posthumously due to the secrecy of his work.

I believed him as I thought the VA system was pretty foolproof but now I have been reading up on all the imposter veterans and he uses a lot of the same lines/stories and now I'm worried that he might be a fraud. I am especially worried as I work in a profession regulated by the federal gov't and DEA and I am worried I could get in trouble if he is actually defrauding the VA system though I have no evidence one way or the other as he claims it's all classified. He claims to have been mentored by a particular general with whom he remains in touch; I've seen a picture of him with this general, but have never heard him actually speak to him on the phone or anything. Among other things, he claims he was the only airman to graduate marine sniper school and that he has a TC/SCI/SSBI clearance which is why he can't access any of his service records.

I believed him as I thought the VA system was pretty foolproof but now I have been reading up on all the imposter veterans and he uses a lot of the same lines/stories and now I'm worried that he might be a fraud. I am especially worried as I work in a profession regulated by the federal gov't and DEA and I am worried I could get in trouble if he is actually defrauding the VA system though I have no evidence one way or the other as he claims it's all classified. I will be happy to PM name, dob, any other personal details that may help. I have a few pictures he claims are of him in service but I have my doubts about a couple of them based on my own research. I am no expert though, and I need someone more knowledgeable in the area to tell me if there's even a chance what he's claiming may be true.

I hate to even do this, but it has gotten to the point where I'm questioning him and I need to know if he's actually a veteran (which I hope to be true) or a fraud. Thank you so much in advance.

The Fat Guy 18 December 2015 10:24

Lila,

Someone here can help you in your quest, but you need to post your introduction as directed in your welcome email.

Welcome to SOCNET.

PJ1 18 December 2015 11:15

PM me his name, from what you have already written he is full of shit. He got in trouble thats why his discharge is not Honorable..

lila222 18 December 2015 11:15

I'm sorry, I will do that now.

lila222 18 December 2015 11:23

PJ1 I have pmed you let me know if you need more info. Thank you!

Sharky 18 December 2015 11:35

Lady your husband is a lying fraud. His story is 100% grade A pure unadulterated bullshit.

lila222 18 December 2015 11:40

That's what I was afraid of. The thing that gets me is how was he able to be awarded 80% disability from VA if everything is fake? Thank you again

Cass 18 December 2015 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharky (Post 1058529521)
Lady your husband is a lying fraud. His story is 100% grade A pure unadulterated bullshit.

Geeze, Sharky, how can you tell? :p

Lila222, honey, unload at your first opportunity. :biggrin:

lila222 18 December 2015 11:56

Thank you all so much, although it is hard to hear. I just am worried coz he gets 80% disability checks from the va, don't they check out his files?

JAFO 18 December 2015 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by lila222 (Post 1058529527)
Thank you all so much, although it is hard to hear. I just am worried coz he gets 80% disability checks from the va, don't they check out his files?

80%?!?! I had to kick and scream just to get 20%, and this lying asshat rates eighty-effin-percent?!?! AAARRRGHHH!!!! I freaking hate posers! Burn him to the ground and post his name here when you're done.

gavin 18 December 2015 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by lila222 (Post 1058529527)
I just am worried coz he gets 80% disability checks from the va, don't they check out his files?

That's a rhetorical question, right?

lila222 18 December 2015 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavin (Post 1058529531)
That's a rhetorical question, right?

Lol, I guess I'm just naive coz I thought the VA would check their own records before awarding him disability? They would just go on his word like that? I will happily post his name after this is over because this sickens me. I want to thank you all for your help and your service .

Agoge 18 December 2015 12:21

Not knowing what his claims are specifically, the VA is currently running more claims than it has in years. Simply Google fraud, posers, and VA benefits and you will see how common it is.

Posers feed on those that are unable to "verify or vett" their "classified" backgrounds. Not to mention the ease of availability for obtaining bogus DD214's. If he is a poser, don't consider yourself to be the first female that has been duped by one -- and you surely won't be the last.

lila222 18 December 2015 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agoge (Post 1058529543)
Not knowing what his claims are specifically, the VA is currently running more claims than it has in years. Simply Google fraud, posers, and VA benefits and you will see how common it is.

Posers feed on those that are unable to "verify or vett" their "classified" backgrounds. Not to mention the ease of availability for obtaining bogus DD214's. If he is a poser, don't consider yourself to be the first female that has been duped by one -- and you surely won't be the last.

He has the 80% for PTSD. He has two guys and a general that he says vouched for him. I'm not sure about the legitimacy of the other guys either. I've been doing some research including image searching his photos and yeah ... It's not adding up. What should I do? Can I be considered an accessory even though I have no hard proof he's defrauding them? I can't thank you all enough.

Gray Rhyno 18 December 2015 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass (Post 1058529525)
Lila222, honey, unload at your first opportunity. :biggrin:

+1. If you can't trust your husband to be honest with you about his military service, what else is he lying about?

24/7 18 December 2015 13:12

I really hate reading threads like this...My only recommendation is try to get solid evidence to support your suspicions before your cards on the table.

lila222 18 December 2015 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24/7 (Post 1058529564)
I really hate reading threads like this...My only recommendation is try to get solid evidence to support your suspicions before your cards on the table.

Yes that's what I'm trying to do, I don't want to falsely accuse anyone. I haven't breathed a word of my concerns to him.

Macka 18 December 2015 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by lila222 (Post 1058529556)
He has the 80% for PTSD. He has two guys and a general that he says vouched for him. I'm not sure about the legitimacy of the other guys either. I've been doing some research including image searching his photos and yeah ... It's not adding up. What should I do? Can I be considered an accessory even though I have no hard proof he's defrauding them? I can't thank you all enough.

It's possible he was legitimately injured somehow and is now telling a bunch of bullshit to make himself look good or feel better.

Black ops? Nahhhhh. Thats bullshit.

I would tread carefully in dealing with him. If he's making up a bunch of bullshit he may have mental health issues which may include his being mentally unstable or fragile.

Or he could just be a valor stealing asshole.

Armitage12 18 December 2015 13:20

It would be a good idea to find an attorney as well, if only because it is always better to find one when the need is not urgent. Not a divorce attorney, but one who can help you to understand if you might face liabilities here (particularly because of the point you made in post #1 about your own employment). Others on here who are attorneys can make a better recommendation for the skill set and experience to look for in selecting one. x2 on the gathering solid evidence to support your suspicions.

Back to my lane.

The Corporate Guy 18 December 2015 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armitage12 (Post 1058529567)
It would be a good idea to find an attorney as well, if only because it is always better to find one when the need is not urgent. Not a divorce attorney, but one who can help you to understand if you might face liabilities here (particularly because of the point you made in post #1 about your own employment). Others on here who are attorneys can make a better recommendation for the skill set and experience to look for in selecting one. x2 on the gathering solid evidence to support your suspicions.

Back to my lane.

Good advice.

These are not little white lies. He's completely full of shit. Possibly criminal. If he lies to you about this, would you trust him in court? Make sure you cover yourself.



(The story is so far over the bullshit poser line that I originally questioned if your story was sincere or a troll job.)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved