SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Travel (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=283)
-   -   United Airlines....they just cannot get a break. (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=129751)

leopardprey 26 April 2017 12:29

United Airlines....they just cannot get a break.

Just keeps getting worse for them......Now they are killing Bunny Rabbits! :eek:;)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/son-world...075937830.html

Agoge 26 April 2017 12:35

If I saw that in a field...I would run! Now that is a lapin!

Spinner 26 April 2017 14:38

Those are good eatin', so there is a silver lining in this horrific, tragic event.

WGH0922 26 April 2017 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinner (Post 1058645656)
Those are good eatin', so there is a silver lining in this horrific, tragic event.

It was flying to Chicago, you know damn well that rabbit heard the Skipper announce, "Welcome to Chicago folks" when they landed and it committed suicide via 'Hare E Kari'. :biggrin:

Shadow 26 April 2017 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by WGH0922 (Post 1058645677)

It was flying to Chicago, you know damn well that rabbit heard the Skipper announce, "Welcome to Chicago folks" when they landed and it committed suicide.

LMMFAO... :biggrin:

leopardprey 26 April 2017 15:35

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/united-had-more-pet-deaths-173402849.html

....;)

Spinner 26 April 2017 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by WGH0922 (Post 1058645677)
It was flying to Chicago, you know damn well that rabbit heard the Skipper announce, "Welcome to Chicago folks" when they landed and it committed suicide.

Indeed, for so many reasons, violence toward bunnies being just one. Word travels fast about our rep! :biggrin:

I once had to go out on to the tarmac to retrieve a puppy, an English Bulldog, that had just shipped from Warsaw on LOT Polish Airlines. The pooch had been placed in the bulk hold at the rear of the plane, which is where ground crews pretty much just toss in a lot of baggage and stuff that they couldn't get onto the regular cargo area.

When I walked up the conveyor belt and peeked inside the hold, I saw a bunch of trunks that must have shifted on takeoff from Poland (I doubt they were ever secured properly) and had slid all the way to the back of the hold and crumpled the small dog carrier the pup was in, to the point it was only about half its normal size.

The dog was going nuts, just whimpering and wailing, totally freaked out. I got the carrier on the ground and wrenched the plastic back into its normal size and then proceeded to make my rounds to clear the rest of the flight through Customs, etc., all the while toting around this puppy in its carrier.

Finally got it back to our import office, which was well lit and spacious and when I opened up the carrier this dog just bounded out wagging its tail and happier than a pig in shit to have finally escaped what must have been the worst experience of its young life. The thing looked like Bandit from Johnny Quest.

That's the thing most people don't realize when shipping animals via an airline, anything could happen. Pets die all the time enroute to a destination. I suppose there is a reason we notate their presence on board the AC on the same form that we list dangerous goods and human remains. They have to take special care as far as pressurization and temp to insure its survival, not to mention securing huge trunks that could crush the thing before the plane even retracts its landing gear on takeoff.

Medic09 26 April 2017 16:15

This is why I plan on purchasing a Gunner kennel before taking my Border Collie overseas. Costs more than I originally paid for the dog; but I will do whatever I can to protect him.

We have dog crates already, but none look very sturdy to me despite being 'airline approved'.

Stretch 26 April 2017 17:55

Anyone looked at the pic with lady holding out the rabbit?

Any fish I catch and release is held at arms length. The arms length thing make it looks bigger in pictures. BTW, where is her right hand? Inquiring minds want to know... :confused:

Que Marines with thoughts in the gutter... :D

justamedic 27 April 2017 15:31

CNN reporting a settlement has been reached regarding the incident with the good doctor. Unknown amount at this point.

That didn't take long.

I hope I get dragged off a plane one day.

The Fat Guy 27 April 2017 15:54

Delta apparently felt left out. At least they didn't kill anything. They just want you to poop your pants.

leopardprey 27 April 2017 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fat Guy (Post 1058645863)
Delta apparently felt left out. At least they didn't kill anything. They just want you to poop your pants.

What was the guy suppose to do? Piss his pants, or maybe pee in a bottle (then he would be getting arrested for exposing himself). :rolleyes: If the plane is delayed.....well, when ya gotta go, you gotta go. Have a little compassion Delta. I see him getting a good lawyer and a nice settlement also.

Agoge 27 April 2017 16:18

Some people only know how to follow a law or rule to the letter and have no idea of what it means to use some discretion. There was no harm - no foul committed by him going to the bathroom. He did what any adult would do without causing any issues. Some people simply have "control issues" and take them out of people because they can and not because they should.

Sigi 27 April 2017 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agoge (Post 1058645870)
Some people only know how to follow a law or rule to the letter and have no idea of what it means to use some discretion. There was no harm - no foul committed by him going to the bathroom. He did what any adult would do without causing any issues. Some people simply have "control issues" and take them out of people because they can and not because they should.

Sooo many applications in today's world for what you said above.

I have to fly with my family to TN in July and I hope it's nice and pleasant. Well, it's Southwest so I anticipate it will go well. ��

Look. Don'tTouch. 5 May 2017 02:13

And refusing to be one-upped, Delta comes back for another round of fail.

They tell him his kid can't be in a seat because the kid is 2 years old or younger. Morons don't understand the difference between "2 or younger" vs. "2 or older". Stop hiring brainless people.

Here it is from their website showing the passenger is correct and the employees are wrong:
"A purchased ticket is required when:
A child is age two or older.
The child is to sit in a seat in order to travel in an approved restraint."

leopardprey 10 May 2017 09:36

Well, now chaos breaking out at one airport. Police had to arrest angry passengers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chaos-fights-erupt-florida-airport-100004134.html

Balls 24 May 2017 01:12

A plane catching fire while taxiing on the tarmac sure isnt gonna help United any :eek: damn good thing the tower spotted engine flames before takeoff.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/24/us/united-flight-evacuation-newark-airport/index.html

The Fat Guy 24 May 2017 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agoge (Post 1058645870)

Its not the people so much as it is the airline, regulatory requirements and most of all, wait for it......

Money.

Most of the decisions they make revert to them making more money. If the FAA learned of this cat up and about after a certain time in the flight, Fine to United. If they make a decision that saves $200 per flight that = almost $1 million a day in revenue. Let's say realistically, $200 for 1/4 of their flights is about $200k per day.

I am not defending them, I fly almost every week and see the personalities and how well they adapt, or more frequently fail to adapt to a situation.

In years gone by, airline agents could throw you a benny or move you to the front of the upgrade line if they fucked you around. Now the computer locks everything down. Money, Money, Money.

Agoge 24 May 2017 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fat Guy (Post 1058651150)
In years gone by, airline agents could throw you a benny or move you to the front of the upgrade line if they fucked you around. Now the computer locks everything down. Money, Money, Money.

Indeed you are correct! The biggest issue when it's money over everything is that "discretion" and "courtesy" are thrown out the window and we all simply become "another brick in the wall." :biggrin:

Paul85 29 May 2017 04:24

They certainly haven't watched Night of the Lepus.
Mess with the rabbits, and you will pay.