SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Psyop/Civil Affairs (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=263)
-   -   Heard a rumor about the 85th (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=123057)

Ayleeon 24 February 2015 14:27

Heard a rumor about the 85th
 
Going to PCS soon (82nd CA), but with that being said, I have heard a rumor that the 85th is going away. It would suck to go there, only to have to move again within the next 2 years.

Searched the forum, Binged, and Googled it; nothing.

The Fat Guy 24 February 2015 23:47

Deactivation of DoD units is not exactly for front page news nor should it be, at least until it is stated in an official manner.

Hot Mess 25 February 2015 02:39

There is a member here who can shed some insight if he so chooses.

Godzilla 25 February 2015 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fat Guy (Post 1058459047)
Deactivation of DoD units is not exactly for front page news nor should it be, at least until it is stated in an official manner.

I agree with this. Plus, timing of these moves, size of the element that will get affected is constantly changing. When 7th SFG was BRAC'd, things that were briefed one day, changed the next, etc. etc.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayleeon (Post 1058458852)
Going to PCS soon (82nd CA), but with that being said, I have heard a rumor that the 85th is going away. It would suck to go there, only to have to move again within the next 2 years.

Searched the forum, Binged, and Googled it; nothing.

So, do you not have a chain of command that is informing you? Or, are you a student that is going to your first assignment? What are the cadre telling you? I'd think they know some information versus stirring the rumor pot.

Ayleeon 25 February 2015 18:08

Check roj
 
I heard that it was a rumor from the cadre. Also, you are absolutely right about the TFG. Thank you for the response, I really did not think this question through at all.

Ayleeon 25 February 2015 18:09

Edit: The cadre said that it was a rumor, and if it happens it happens. They also said it has been said for many, many years now. Thanks again.

Godzilla 1 March 2015 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayleeon (Post 1058459241)
Edit: The cadre said that it was a rumor, and if it happens it happens. They also said it has been said for many, many years now.

I find it hard to grasp that this has been a rumor for many, many years when the 85th has been around for only a few years. Maybe four with the subordinate battalions less in some cases. The cadre are telling you this?

A true fact with SWC is that there are 10 shithouse lawyers for every shithouse. :eek: And the lawyers look like cadre, students, DA civilians, the wives network and SWC leadership. Control what you can...

Rip V Winkle 16 November 2015 14:59

The words been out for a few months - the 85th is being phased out and BN's are casing colors over the next two years. 95th BN's are finally adding the F co's they've been wanting, not to mention, we might finally have a BDE at 90%+ manning, while filling the S9/G9 positions.

Psyop Shaw 22 November 2015 18:41

Now if only they would make a few more changes... break up USACAPOC and let the 2nd and 7th groups join the 4th and 8th groups under USASOC.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:22.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved