SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=281)
-   -   Post Your Introduction In THIS Thread (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=73033)

RPW 7 September 2008 21:50

Hows it goin?

Anyways, I have no past military or law enforcement experience of any kind. But I'm a second year medical student and Im interested in military medicine and this looked like a good place to find out some info.

Well, that's about it. I'll try to be as un-annoying as possible. If anybody wants to know anymore about me just let me know.

seapig173 7 September 2008 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by iroc0311 (Post 1043075)
Hello everyone, my buddy told me to post an intro on here seeing that I haven't.

I was USMC, got out as we all said in the Corps, "The Grass is Greener on the other side"....mmm maybe...hehe...anyway joined the Guard with broken service...now I'm with the USANG inactive at the moment. Completed SFAS and SFBNCO. Have to finish the rest, but I have been overseas contracting for a while doing what I do best chasing goats and milking camels. Whenever I get orders I will go back and finish.

If you have any questions feel free to ask...well to a certain extent. .

Semper Gumby!

Iroc
well welcome, Glad you finally posted now I wont have to harass you anymore
Bob

Knucklehammer 8 September 2008 14:19

FNG

Got busted for posting something other than my intro on my first time out....:cool:

Im retiring end of this year after 20 in the Army - mostly Ft Bragg and a little Hunter Army Airfield, Savannah, GA (the only post the Army got right). Im retiring a prior enlisted CPT, so if you see me on Fox News as CPT (Retired), you'll probably still think, "He must of been a real winner...."

Looking forward to some networking and learning the ropes on the civil side

jc

DY 8 September 2008 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anymouse (Post 1022390)
I've been signed up here for a few days, but couldn't type an intro because Pa-

Oh please.. Don't ask me to substantiate your lies...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anymouse (Post 1022390)
So here's my life story in ten words or more...

:rolleyes: :D

Mason45 8 September 2008 22:16

Hello, I have been lurking for the past few months. I am glad to have found this site.

20th SFG(A) 2006 -

(

BOFH 8 September 2008 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mason45 (Post 1043541)
Hello, I have been lurking for the past few months. I am glad to have found this site.

20th SFG(A) 2006 -

Glad to have you. Where you at in 20th?

gruntSgt 10 September 2008 12:47

Intro

Prior Service 0311 Sgt. Was with 2nd Marines from 2003-2007. Got out tried the Civ thing again. Not working out. I miss the good times, the good people. Came here to network, possibly find work in the PMC field. I miss the military but honestly feel like I'm too old to go back to the grunts as a Sgt. So if nobody minds, I'll contribute two cents on any subject I have experience with.

tsharpshooter 11 September 2008 02:28

G Company, 143rd LRS '99-'01
Small Arms Readiness Training Section '01-'03
321st Civil Affairs '03-'04
443rd Civil Affairs OIF '04-'05
321st Civil Affairs '05-present
Currently Operations Manager w/PMC in SW Iraq

MWest 11 September 2008 10:35

Good Morning

FNG checking in.

C Co 1/75 2nd, 3rd, and WPNs Plt. '95-'01
RRD TM 1, S&T '01-'05

RLTW!!

Gideonasche 11 September 2008 13:10

Hi to all, I'm a former USMC 0311 and 8541. One of the funniest moment of my life was getting out of the Marines and lasting 1 month in a cubicle before my inevitable firing.

grappler 11 September 2008 13:52

Welcome all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gideonasche (Post 1044694)
Hi to all, I'm a former USMC 0311 and 8541. One of the funniest moment of my life was getting out of the Marines and lasting 1 month in a cubicle before my inevitable firing.

Dude, post your "firing" story in the humor section. I'm sure there will be a few along to add a "Yep, happened to me too..." story to your's.

Poke82 11 September 2008 15:49

Former 19K,
1/67 Armor last duty.

Here to get some boots on the ground info if anyone has heard of a company I have an offer with in Iraq. Construction not security

Tenn-RGR 11 September 2008 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWest (Post 1044607)
Good Morning

FNG checking in.

C Co 1/75 2nd, 3rd, and WPNs Plt. '95-'01
RRD TM 1, S&T '01-'05

RLTW!!

Welcome brother, good to see you on here. How's Auburn these days?

HOLLYWOOD 11 September 2008 23:52

Hey guys, I'm a active duty Marine, currently with MARSOC. I was with a conventional infantry unit in my first enlistment visit'd the sand box a couple times. New to the special operations community, been with MARSOC for about a year now.

immortalityisforever 12 September 2008 02:05

Introduction

My name is Shawn and I am currently serving with Marine Special Operations Advisor Group. I have been in 6 years... infantry by MOS.

k9medic 13 September 2008 13:02

Hello all. I am a civilian trained EMS helicopter pilot and law enforcement officer formerly working as a K9 handler, and also EMT.

I went college, LEO and aviation when I was young, and never did get go military (and now regret it), although I tried for the CG DCA program a few years ago, but was told I was too old. The Army was more than willing to take me though.

It seems that every pilot I work with is current or former military. In the aviation field it seems that everyone seems to know everyone. One of the retiring guys I work with (w4 ret.) seems to know every pilot in the south east US that is over the age of 55.

I have had the privledge of flying with all sorts of pilots, some of them TF guys. Many of my good friends are either active duty or reserve, one of which led me here. He's assigned to the SOCOM unit at Mac Dill. I also did some LEO training at Blanding. Interesting group of talented individuals out there at the RAID unit.

Thank you to all of you for what you do.

tbninja1 13 September 2008 13:06

Intro

My name is Tandy, I'm a AF EOD tech, currently deployed to Iraq. Been in for 5 years now, this is tour # 3. Hope to be seperating end of 09. I was referred to this site by some friends in the hopes of getting info on job opportunities or possibly meeting some people that can point me in the right direction.

AnimalK 13 September 2008 13:42

Howdy from DFW Texas!

My name is Kyle, and I'm a former US Border Patrol Agent, currently Federal Air Marshal, and looking to go back to Immigration (Deportations). Served in the Army as a Smoke Generator Operator, 164th CML CO (SMK), Ft Lewis. May lurk a lot more than post, unless I might have something of value to add.

As to my initiation here, I want to pick the pig---wouldn't want to get an ugly one...

dajcadams 14 September 2008 11:52

Hello everyone. I want to start off by saying that I am not a military veteran. I've done nothing more than ROTC. I am a sergeant with the local Sheriff's Office, on their Emergency Response Team. I would like to thank you all for your dedication to your country. I believe some people are wired by God for combat situations, and I believe Special Forces makes up the majority of that population. However, I don't believe anyone is hard-wired for missing their homes and families for long periods of time. That must be so difficult... and I appreciate it. Thank You and God Bless the USA!

Dave

jjc3974 14 September 2008 17:06

New To SOCNET Forum - First Post

Hello All,

I have enjoyed your site for quite a few years now, from around the world, and finally decided to post. Here's goes the intro:

I started my career in 1990 with the US Army as a Military Policeman and eventually became a CID Special Agent. I was honorably discharged in 1997 and served a tour in Intelligence with the Augusta DEA Task Force. From there, I became a Police Officer in Georgia and served in the Air National Guard as a Security Policeman.

As a cop, I eventually became a member of the SWAT Team and later served as a Crime Scene Investigator. I returned, as a reservist, to CID and served 3 active tours: Bosnia as the Covert Drug Suppression Team Chief, after 9/11 on the US Secretary of Defense protection detail and finally in Iraq as a CID Detachment First Sergeant.

I became a Federal Agent (1811) and served on the protection detail of the US Secretary of Labor and later as a Task Force Agent in Iraq. After three years, I left civil service and wanted to explore the world of contracting and corporate protection. I contracted for OGA with assignments in Iraq and Afghanistan from 2005-2007.

I served on a corporate protection detail in Texas (Dell) and later as a Detail Leader for a PSD team in North Carolina. I enjoyed my time contracting and decided to settle down as a career employee, where I serve on a corporate EP detail in Hawaii.

So, that’s the skinny on me – worked with some great folks, on unique assignments, throughout the years….Thank you for allowing me into your forum.