SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Special Forces (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Poser Busting (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=85694)

18b/e 9 June 2012 10:18

I completely concur with TRIPOD. Stay out of it and let the SF dude handle it. He will be able to smell a rat. You could completely screw your gig, by trying to cull him out of the herd. The truth, even though its not according to your wrist watch, will come out.

Hot Mess 9 June 2012 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1058149612)
its not like I have a issue with the guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod (Post 1058149621)
Apparently you do.

Yep. You were a Marine weren't you?

Recon 12 June 2012 06:05

Haha you guys crack me up...

tripod: im 90% sure I know who you are after reading your information, which means that the person Im inquiring about, has told this story to you as well...

hotmess: if you are still with 19th, well... this person has made claims to be with them. And no, I was not a marine. That made me chuckle

But just to re-iderate myself. No I do not have any problem with the guy, even though you seem to think so. Yes he does his job and doesnt cause any issues. Where you guys are wrong, is thinking this in anyway would affect my current position. Im seeking information for my own state of mind. not to destroy or embarrase this individual... mainly i want to know, just because I want to know.

But dont worry about it. Ive got my big boy britches on and can figure it out on my own. Thanks gents.

Tripod 12 June 2012 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1058152364)
Haha you guys crack me up....

I don't think anything that was said, in reply to your assinine request and follow on posts, was meant to be humorous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1058152364)
tripod: im 90% sure I know who you are after reading your information, which means that the person Im inquiring about, has told this story to you as well.......

Considering I have a picture on my bio, and there are very few WPS instructors with a prosthetic, if I put you through training then I would hope you do know who I am. And, with that, you should also know we put almost 500 PSS candidates through training last year, so I have no idea who you are talking about. We hear lots of "stories', however our job is to vett a candidates skillsets, not background. The background is suppose to be vetted by the client and DoS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1058152364)
But just to re-iderate myself. No I do not have any problem with the guy, even though you seem to think so.....

Once again ... it is apparent that you do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1058152364)
Yes he does his job and doesnt cause any issues. Where you guys are wrong, is thinking this in anyway would affect my current position.....

You would be surprised at what a small community this really is, and that your SOCNET handle does not provide you as much anonymity as you would like to believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1058152364)
Im seeking information for my own state of mind. not to destroy or embarrase this individual... mainly i want to know, just because I want to know.....

As per the stickies, which you claim you read prior to posting your inquiry, your reasons are not adequate enough for this forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1058152364)
But dont worry about it. Ive got my big boy britches on and can figure it out on my own. Thanks gents.

Good luck with that.

Silverbullet 12 June 2012 07:19

Recon is gone. His posts and attitude did not bring anything productive to this site.

Tripod 12 June 2012 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1058152364)
Haha you guys crack me up...

But dont worry about it. Ive got my big boy britches on ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverbullet (Post 1058152378)
Recon is gone. His posts and attitude did not bring anything productive to this site.

I hope his "big boy britches" didnt get ripped off him when he got hit with that fulton extraction.

:p

Stopp700 12 June 2012 19:32

Now that had to hurt.......

dotherightthing 15 July 2012 05:06

Hi everyone. I need some help and advice on exposing a fellow officer I am deployed with. Trying to be careful as not to expose myself to the wrath of our command. Their is an Major (Army National Guard) who on his official biography he turned into the command group (required of all officers) which stats he was an ODA Commander in the FL Guard SF unit. (I do have an scanned copy of his biography), he wears a Ranger tab but no long tab, Wears a CIB and basic jump wings and a group combat patch. Just want to vette and see if his bio is true (not sure if a non-long tab can be an ODA commander) or if it is BS how to expose him to Army officials. Thanks for your help everyone in advance as I may only be in a CS branch, but after 24 years in hate, hate, hate those who BS their stuff thinking no one will question them.

AKAPete 15 July 2012 06:48

David Oh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dotherightthing (Post 1058165673)
... Their is an Major (Army National Guard) who on his official biography he turned into the command group (required of all officers) which stats he was an ODA Commander in the FL Guard SF unit..........

David Oh was an "ODA Commander" and wore a Green Beret. Dig up and read his thread on this site.

An SF SSI only means the individual deployed with an SF unit.

His not wearing a long tab would seem to wrap it all up.

dotherightthing 15 July 2012 06:56

Thanks SGM. Looking him up now.

dotherightthing 15 July 2012 07:01

SGM, looked him up and he hasn't been on the site since AUG11.

AKAPete 15 July 2012 07:11

The thread - the thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dotherightthing (Post 1058165682)
SGM, looked him up and he hasn't been on the site since AUG11.

The thread - the thread - read the whole thread about his claims.

You guy appears not to be making any SF Long Tab claims other than serving as an ODA commander - which may well have happened for a while in the NG while waiting for a slot at school or just being held until his true slot opened up.

dotherightthing 15 July 2012 07:21

Ah got it. His bio reads he spent two years at Bragg (position is missing) then was to 20th and deployed as an ODA commander. But am researching the thread. Thanks

Tripod 15 July 2012 09:49

Deja Vu
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dotherightthing (Post 1058132485)
Hi everyone. I posted my intro sticky just a few minutes ago. I was wondering if someone could help me in vetting a "former" SF participant. I'm not sure how else to word it. This officer is currently deployed and in charge of a rather large section of Soldiers and on his official Bio turned into the command, list him as having multiple command, not leadership, but actual command positions within a group, yet no references made to the Q course or such. I do have his bio in electronic and hard copy and want to nail this person as he received his current leadership position based on the claims made on his bio. Mind you he is not from the unit we are deployed with and is the only one from his former organization with us so no way to vette it with someone here with us. Thanks for any and all help ahead of time.

Didn't we go through all this back in April?

:rolleyes:

dotherightthing 15 July 2012 09:57

tried, but only got contacted by someone who works at the Ranger RTI which I sent out the info to. Was unable ot get on or check since then (no other help) due to moving around camps in country and our great NIPR connectivity which works when the moon is full, between the hours fo 0001-0003

Tripod 15 July 2012 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotherightthing (Post 1058165673)
... on his official biography he turned into the command group (required of all officers) which stats he was an ODA Commander in the FL Guard SF unit. (I do have an scanned copy of his biography) ...

Are you a part of the command group? I'm guessing you aren't, so how did YOU get a scanned copy of his biography?

Second, if this is such a big fucking deal in your unit why doesn't the CO sit this guy down and ask him directly?

dotherightthing 16 July 2012 02:48

Well, on that note I will be closing this account but to answer your questions Tripod, yes I am part of the command group, our CO is currently a little busy with court-martials in germany, RIP-TOA and planning the downsizing in force for the mission affecting our next rotation. I was trying to get some information as to check on integrity but alas, I will allow him to claim, "Commander, ODA 2331" and "Commander, ODA 2046" for a deployment in Afghanistan. Without being SF qualified.

AKAPete 16 July 2012 07:34

Tad irritated...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dotherightthing (Post 1058166049)
...... I was trying to get some information as to check on integrity but alas, I will allow him to claim, "Commander, ODA 2331" and "Commander, ODA 2046" for a deployment in Afghanistan. Without being SF qualified.

Your last post seems a tad irritated - as if you didn't get what you were looking for.

Your posts on this subject do not indicate anything about him making SF claims - just his pretty mater of fact Bio.

Have you ever just sat down with him over chow and just asked him how that Commander bit came about without being SF qualified?

Tripod 16 July 2012 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotherightthing (Post 1058166049)
... I was trying to get some information as to check on integrity but alas, I will allow him to claim, "Commander, ODA 2331" and "Commander, ODA 2046" for a deployment in Afghanistan. Without being SF qualified.

I agree with Pete. I fail to see, if your concerns were shared by the rest of the "command group" why it would not have been taken care of internally by now (if there actually was any type of misrepresentation)

What concerns me is the fact that a "bio" was submitted, as an official document to the command group, and a member of that command group has taken that bio and specific personal information ("Commander, ODA 2331" and "Commander, ODA 2046" for a deployment in Afghanistan) and posted it on an intranet forum. Talk about "integrity"... wow. Not really doing the right thing IMO.

You didnt get the answers you wanted in April. I really don't understand why you thought the replies would be any different this time.

Tripod 16 July 2012 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod (Post 1058166106)
What concerns me is the fact that a "bio" was submitted, as an official document to the command group, and a member of that command group has taken that bio and specific personal information ("Commander, ODA 2331" and "Commander, ODA 2046" for a deployment in Afghanistan) and posted it on an intranet forum. Talk about "integrity"... wow. Not really doing the right thing IMO.

I guess he must have agreed with my above statement. He has erased his entire SOCNET bio.

:rolleyes:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved