SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Fitness (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=255)
-   -   Crossfit WOD Thread (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=77914)

Balls 15 May 2008 03:16

Crossfit WOD Thread
 
Wednesday 080514
Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Post loads to comments.


22/m/160

215, 235, 245, 255, 260, 265, 275.

Followed by 3 more sets of 15 reps at 135# because they felt so damn good.
and 3 sets of back extensions w/25# plate

Gryfen-FL 15 May 2008 03:20

Balls....you're fealin froggy now, how you and Cindy going to get along tomorrow? Muahhaa haaa haaa!!
:D

F/28/176
1x1: 199 6x1:221

Kept trying to bump the 221 a bit, but it just wouldn't go. :mad:

Balls 15 May 2008 03:26

Tomorrow is tomorrow :D

Balls 16 May 2008 01:52

"Cindy"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats


17 rounds plus 2 Pullups.


.........well we finally got a fitness section, where the hell did all the CF'ers go? :p

Gryfen-FL 16 May 2008 03:59

I'm busy mopping up my intestines and dealing with the aftermath of Cindy....gimmie a break will ya.

Sheesh. I know 10round and some 8 pushups for change ain't much....and I had to use a damn gravitron and go to my knees on the pushups.....

:D but it was worth it for the weird looks I was getting from the guys in the gym while doing squats. :D

Chubs 16 May 2008 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balls (Post 1001711)
.........well we finally got a fitness section, where the hell did all the CF'ers go? :p


Nice Cindy score.

Edit: You too Gryfen.

Ergogirl 16 May 2008 08:39

F/32/120

Cindy: So simple and yet so vicious. I love her.

14 rounds (negative pull-ups from round 3 onward)

Sharky 16 May 2008 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryfen-FL (Post 1001727)
:D but it was worth it for the weird looks I was getting from the guys in the gym while doing squats. :D



heheheh.....not sayin a word. :D

Believeraz 16 May 2008 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balls (Post 1001711)
[B]"Cindy"


.........well we finally got a fitness section, where the hell did all the CF'ers go? :p

Cindy: 19 rounds. Pretty sure it's a new personal best.

Chubs 16 May 2008 19:12

Cindy in Reverse: 22 rounds, 15sq, 4 pushups

Gryfen-FL 17 May 2008 03:39

Quote:

heheheh.....not sayin a word. http://www.socnet.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Oh no...I'm on to your game Mister. I'm not smarting off to you in public any more....no matter how much you deserve it. :D

Michael=25:30
Slow and had to use the treadmil. Any bets on if wether or not I can sweet talk the MWR rep into letting us take the GHD machines and situp mats outside so we can run on the road? Going across the gym and up stairs between exercises didn't help my time any either. :(

Chubs 17 May 2008 13:11

Which one is Michael, Gryfen?

Gryfen-FL 17 May 2008 13:53

Michael:
3 Rounds for time of...
800meter run
50 back extensions
50 situps

Chubs 10 June 2008 15:47

Fight Gone Bad-

3 Rounds, continuously running clock, 1 minute at each station, 1 minute rest at end of round-

1 Rep = 1 Point
1 Calorie = 1 Point


Stations:

20lbs Wall Ball Shot
75lbs Sumo DL High Pull
20" Box Jump
75lbs Push Press
Concept 2 Rower


Score: 301 (+44pt PR)



Comments-

Set a pretty good pace today. Didn't try and destroy each station. Stayed smooth and didn't try to rush things. My box jumps are finally a bit better, although they still suck.

SOTB 11 June 2008 01:14

So I'm in the Victory Gym over by the Oasis and I see these three cats (2 dudes, 1 chick) doing what appears to be the WOD prior to the Burpees/Pullups WOD (Squat Clean and Handstand PUs). I walk over and attempt to make small talk and say that it looks like it sucks as much as it does doing it. I suppose I made no sense at all, and sounded like some moron commenting on how hard their workout looked, vice that I had just did it the day before and it sucked. Their "leader" was like "yeah, it sucks."

I felt dejected and skulked away.

I then started the Burpees/Pullups WOD and yeah -- I probably looked like they felt. After I finish, they come over and treat me as if I no longer had open herpes sores on my face.

I suppose I can't blame them -- it seems as if anyone that REALLY goes to a gym and works out (whether that be Crossfit, weights, running -- whatever) -- if you sweat and are working out vice trying to pick up members of the opposite sex, you are some weird fuck that the management should reconsider having given you a membership.

Oh, and bite me, I'm not putting down my Burpees/Pullups time....:D

Gryfen-FL 11 June 2008 01:43

Quote:

I'm not putting down my Burpees/Pullups time....http://www.socnet.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
AWwwww, come on, all the cool kids are doing it. ;)

johncasey4 11 June 2008 12:34

on monday I did Fran, pr'd with 2:53, yesterday we did 5 rounds of 15 75# snatches and 10 handstand push ups, I finished in 7:30 and it sucked. After my workout with Spealer and Dutch in Colorado I realize how far I have to go,(yes, I was the tool in that video for those that caught it. Today is deads, looking forward to a slow day.

grappler 11 June 2008 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOTB (Post 1010534)
So I'm in the Victory Gym over by the Oasis and I see these three cats (2 dudes, 1 chick) doing what appears to be the WOD prior to the Burpees/Pullups WOD (Squat Clean and Handstand PUs). I walk over and attempt to make small talk and say that it looks like it sucks as much as it does doing it. I suppose I made no sense at all, and sounded like some moron commenting on how hard their workout looked, vice that I had just did it the day before and it sucked. Their "leader" was like "yeah, it sucks."

I felt dejected and skulked away.

I then started the Burpees/Pullups WOD and yeah -- I probably looked like they felt. After I finish, they come over and treat me as if I no longer had open herpes sores on my face.

I suppose I can't blame them -- it seems as if anyone that REALLY goes to a gym and works out (whether that be Crossfit, weights, running -- whatever) -- if you sweat and are working out vice trying to pick up members of the opposite sex, you are some weird fuck that the management should reconsider having given you a membership.

LMAO

When I was getting ready to leave the box, the surge was going on. The gyms were beyond packed. So we had to deal with what we called "Army 10-Sets".

Asking a group of soldiers at a station--

"Hey dude, how many sets do you guys have left?"

"About 10 sets..."
:rolleyes:

WTF? Give me a break... Getting a station/area to do CF alone was a work out.

Gryfen-FL 11 June 2008 13:26

10 sets? Thats puppy poop.

How'bout the fucker taking up a squat rack and olympic bar to work his forearms. No shit. 45lb bar, 10lb plates on either end, standing at parade rest, opening and closing his fingers.

:rolleyes:

jwm 11 June 2008 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by johncasey4 (Post 1010634)
on monday I did Fran, pr'd with 2:53, yesterday we did 5 rounds of 15 75# snatches and 10 handstand push ups, I finished in 7:30 and it sucked. After my workout with Spealer and Dutch in Colorado I realize how far I have to go,(yes, I was the tool in that video for those that caught it. Today is deads, looking forward to a slow day.

Johncasey, I saw the video, and you didn't look like a tool. Your time was better than mine on that WOD. Speal and Dutch are just freaks of nature!!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved