SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Las Vegas Active Shooter(s) (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=130835)

Sigi 2 October 2017 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by justamedic (Post 1058675453)
Prayers out friend.
If you need a thing PM me.
I'm local.

X2.

Condolences VAP.

Customer of mine has a daughter who attended the show. She was in close proximity to a woman who was shot and had blood splattered all over her.

My cousins attended the previous night.

I'm still reaching out to customers.

If anyone local needs a volunteer I'm in. Once the lines aren't so long I will head over to donate blood.

Sigi 2 October 2017 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by poison (Post 1058675443)
My coworker was there for the concert. I don't know if he came back last night before, or stayed another day. He's not answering calls.

God speed to your coworker. Hope this turns out safe.

10thvet 2 October 2017 12:12

Skillery has already started her political rhetoric on gun control. She should shut her fucking mouth and fade off into obscurity.

justamedic 2 October 2017 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigi (Post 1058675492)

If anyone local needs a volunteer I'm in. Once the lines aren't so long I will head over to donate blood.

My family and I are going to head over to UMC directly to donate.

CTA 2 October 2017 12:23

Hold hard VAP and RIP to the fallen.

doitforjonny 2 October 2017 12:23

Big thank you to the PD team that responded quickly and efficiently to this.

If any of the LE here know any of the folks on the force, tell them thank you, please.

Getting a raid put together and doing an emergency assault in the 32nd floor of any building requires a lot of hard work, thought and discipline on the front end, and the audio released so far indicates a high level of teamwork between all moving parts. Good job on the response!!

For the asshole that murdered the concert goers, I hope as a nation we come together and prove your hate and evil groundless.

eltrane 2 October 2017 12:26

RIP to the fallen.

CAVmedic 2 October 2017 12:27

Just a suggestion, but can we stop using this fucks name? POS etc should do.

DCH 2 October 2017 12:41

Media info claims;

-Shooter was formerly employed with either Lockheed or Martin Marieta in the late ‘80s.

-Held a private pilot’s license.

-Was an avid Hunter and gun enthusiast.

-Single but had a female companion (asian) as of this event.

-No known affiliations

I don’t know, but can anyone or has anyone been able to try and make a profile of this guy?, maybe former mil. or government service? He fits a broad range of the regular citizen amongst other regular citizens.

DB8541 2 October 2017 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip (Post 1058675428)
The wife thinks I'm paranoid when I go into a store that is unknown to me because I look for other entrances, exits, restroom areas and employees areas only. I guess I'm not paranoid afterall.

First prayers to all those who were involved and RIP to all. I do the same thing! I also take note of How many people are inside, who is standing who is sitting, who is wearing heavy concealable clothing that doesn't match the environment, where are solid bearers for cover and a few other things. I do all this as I am walking in and before I sit if in a restaurant.

My wife also knows that when in a restaurant the seat I always must sit in is the one that faces the main entrance to any establishment. Once seated I will get up to go to the rest room to wash my hands but I always take the long way and do another closer look at who is in the space with me.

Call me paranoid but this all takes about 15-30 seconds to visually accomplish and well worth the effort if needed.

Agoge 2 October 2017 12:45

Until further notice, I'm going to go on the belief that he was simply an evil sac of pus that wanted to cause damage to a lot of innocent people who had nothing to do with his miserable existence. There isn't always a deep, dark secret to people's incredible depth of evil and stupidity.

ET1/ss nuke 2 October 2017 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCH (Post 1058675513)
I donít know, but can anyone or has anyone been able to try and make a profile of this guy?.

When this thread was in the LEO section there was a blurb about possible motive on the shooter's bookface page. I don't trust social media and people may lie on their profile, but this guy appeared similar to the dude that shot up a certain baseball field recently. Or maybe he just hates country music. Crazy people don't need reasons to be crazy. Motive is only worth speculation if there is the possibility that he was part of a larger group, inspired by a group to carry something out, or might serve as inspiration to others to copycat. I haven't seen anything like any of those things yet. Until then, he's not worth the attention that should be focused on first the wounded, then the survivors, then the dead. Kudos to the first responders, dispatchers, and ER staff for keeping this from being even worse.

Maas 2 October 2017 13:03

Local guy

My girl friend works in the medical field in our very small town. One of the docs was there with her husband. He was killed while shielding her.

http://fox17.com/news/local/tennessee-man-killed-in-country-music-festival-concert-in-las-vegas

Rest In Peace Hero.

Maas

Macka 2 October 2017 13:05

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 10thvet (Post 1058675495)
Skillery has already started her political rhetoric on gun control. She should shut her fucking mouth and fade off into obscurity.

She's not just running her mouth at an inappropriate time, but she's actually using this to campaign specifically against the silencer bill. It's not like there's probably still dead bodies on the ground.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke (Post 1058675517)
When this thread was in the LEO section there was a blurb about possible motive on the shooter's bookface page. I don't trust social media and people may lie on their profile, but this guy appeared similar to the dude that shot up a certain baseball field recently. Or maybe he just hates country music.

It sounds crazy, but he was there for 3 or 4 days and decided to attack right during the last set. There may very well be a reason for that.

Agoge 2 October 2017 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macka (Post 1058675519)
She's not just running her mouth at an inappropriate time, but she's actually using this to campaign specifically abasing the silencer bill. It's not like there's probably still dead bodies on the ground.

Her, and those of her ilk, are simply scavengers who will come along and do their best to personally benefit from someone else's tragedy. This comes as no surprise to me that she would stoop to that level. It will certainly show were a large percentage of society stands if they choose not to condemn her for her behavior.

Kouta 2 October 2017 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macka (Post 1058675519)
She's not just running her mouth at an inappropriate time, but she's actually using this to campaign specifically abasing the silencer bill. It's not like there's probably still dead bodies on the ground.

It sounds crazy, but he was there for 3 or 4 days and decided to attack right during the last set. There may very well be a reason for that.

Even disregarding everything else that's wrong about what she's doing and how she's doing it, she's just plain wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRnbzkMsgmM

The crowd doesn't seem to be fleeing to me, and how in the actual fuck would a silencer have changed anything?

CTA 2 October 2017 13:18

Read one report that the shooter’s father was a bank robber who escaped some prison in Texas BID and was on the FBI’s most wanted list. His dad was categorized as psychopathic and eventually took his own life... maybe the crazy gene runs in the family.

ETA: Maas... sorry for your loss. RIP

bobmueller 2 October 2017 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maas (Post 1058675518)
My girl friend works in the medical field in our very small town. One of the docs was there with her husband. He was killed while shielding her.

Rest In Peace Hero.

Maas

Indeed. Grace and peace to her family.

Macka 2 October 2017 13:30

1 Attachment(s)
The lack of decorum drives me crazy....Thanks to "Spooky" whoever they are.

DirtyDog0311 2 October 2017 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macka (Post 1058675527)
The lack of decorum drives me crazy....Thanks to "Spooky" whoever they are.

Purportedly that person who made the despicable comment is a teacher. Imagine my shock.