SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Psyop/Civil Affairs (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=263)
-   -   37F/38B available in 75th RR (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=125215)

MindBlown37F 24 September 2015 12:40

37F/38B available in 75th RR
 
Just wanted to inform those interested, the 75th Ranger Regiment is now accepting 37's & 38's to attend RASP 1 or 2 and become and operational part of the regiment.

See here for more info:
http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/7...recruiting.htm

B 2/75 24 September 2015 13:29

Proliferation of staffing.

I see this as an unnecessary addition to the Regiment... that role being best handled by the 96th CA and the POG.

What in the world do Rangers want to get bogged down in any area for long enough that they might need PSYOP or CA assets?

Sharky 24 September 2015 13:54

Evolution.

MindBlown37F 24 September 2015 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by B 2/75 (Post 1058509730)

I see this as an unnecessary addition to the Regiment... that role being best handled by the 96th CA and the POG.

What in the world do Rangers want to get bogged down in any area for long enough that they might need PSYOP or CA assets?

I understand what you're saying, but the skillsets that we bring to the table are value added, even to a quick hit target. MILDEC, DISO, and STO are skills that we possess that regiment can use at will. Having us as a part of the regiment would allow for easier planning of these ops instead of sending up a request to POG for a planner, especially since these sometimes require a long drawn out planning process. I see it as value added, not only to the 75th but to us psyopers that would like the operational experience with such a high optempo organization.

275RLTW 24 September 2015 16:46

How much ammo you carrying?

B 2/75 24 September 2015 16:47

No, the POG and CA BN can embed their best few for the mission, as they've always done. Why create new slots, adding to the bulk of the Regiment, when it's not necessary.

Also, creating opportunity for soldiers who would like to experience life in the big league is just plain stupid, IMO.

Hot Mess 24 September 2015 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by B 2/75 (Post 1058509796)
No, the POG and CA BN can embed their best few for the mission, as they've always done. Why create new slots, adding to the bulk of the Regiment, when it's not necessary.

Also, creating opportunity for soldiers who would like to experience life in the big league is just plain stupid, IMO.

Agreed. More people to support, more admin, bigger footprint. What I liked about Regimemt was that it was small and nimble. Maybe I'm just old...

275RLTW 24 September 2015 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBlown37F (Post 1058509747)
I understand what you're saying, but the skillsets that we bring to the table are value added, even to a quick hit target. MILDEC, DISO, and STO are skills that we possess that regiment can use at will. Having us as a part of the regiment would allow for easier planning of these ops instead of sending up a request to POG for a planner, especially since these sometimes require a long drawn out planning process. I see it as value added, not only to the 75th but to us psyopers that would like the operational experience with such a high optempo organization.

Not to start a dogpile here, but please enlighten me, based upon your SOF experience (you were dropped from SFAS, right?) how you think your MOS will contribute to the Regiment's mission, of which you have never been a part of. While I'm sure the Army has a reason which is why they opened up this MOS however you posted that "I see it..." and such.

I'm going to get some popcorn and be right back for this one. This should be good...

MindBlown37F 24 September 2015 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by 275RLTW (Post 1058509811)
Not to start a dogpile here, but please enlighten me, based upon your SOF experience (you were dropped from SFQC, right?) how you think your MOS will contribute to the Regiment's mission, of which you have never been a part of. While I'm sure the Army has a reason which is why they opened up this MOS however you posted that "I see it..." and such.

I'm going to get some popcorn and be right back for this one. This should be good...

My SOF experience spans about a year and a half, with 1 deployment, but that doesn't change the amount of knowledge I can asertain within that time by attending courses, or gaining insight from some senior leaders within the regiment. After attending said courses and gaining a better understanding on how they play into the larger ongoing picture, I can see how having a STO competent PSYOPer would benefit the regiment, or how a PSYOP NCO is a cornerstone in a MILDEC planning group. But do I know exactly what is on the 75th's radar? No. Nor did I claim such. Given the general understanding of the regiment's overall mission, I can generally understand how we would fit in supporting their mission set.

So my question to you is given your experience, how do you think PSYOP would fit into the regiment's mission? Were you apart of the POG or a former 37? Do you understand PSYOP's mission enough to explain as to why we SHOULD NOT be apart of the regiment?

So I'll grab a beer and wait...

275RLTW 24 September 2015 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBlown37F (Post 1058509818)
My SOF experience spans about a year and a half, with 1 deployment, but that doesn't change the amount of knowledge I can asertain within that time by attending courses, or gaining insight from some senior leaders within the regiment. After attending said courses and gaining a better understanding on how they play into the larger ongoing picture, I can see how having a STO competent PSYOPer would benefit the regiment, or how a PSYOP NCO is a cornerstone in a MILDEC planning group. But do I know exactly what is on the 75th's radar? No. Nor did I claim such. Given the general understanding of the regiment's overall mission, I can generally understand how we would fit in supporting their mission set.

So my question to you is given your experience, how do you think PSYOP would fit into the regiment's mission? Were you apart of the POG or a former 37? Do you understand PSYOP's mission enough to explain as to why we SHOULD NOT be apart of the regiment?

So I'll grab a beer and wait...



I already did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 275RLTW (Post 1058509795)
How much ammo you carrying?


B 2/75 24 September 2015 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharky (Post 1058509736)
Evolution.

Or did you mean DEvolution?

Why not add welders and mechanics... they've got some spiffy vehicles. Maybe some nice dietitians, too.... Hooahs gotta eat right...

Line companies are pretty much sacrosanct. But the HOG... they're getting outta control over there with the bloat.

.02 Kopecks from a guy who remembers (successful) Company-sized missions directed by only a couple of breaks in squelch, BN commander with red lens with a couple of guys up under a couple of ponchos, and that was the entire BN staff in the woods. Sure, why not add some 37 / 38 folks. They need the experience. :rolleyes:

We don't have an emooji for "I'm glad I'm out"

Opie62 25 September 2015 06:34

MB37, being SF and CA I have to agree w/ the Rangers on his one. I' been on both sides of CA/PSYOPS being attached to Conventional and SOF units and as long as you show up prepared, with equipment and in shape you won't have a problem fitting in and will be treated as one of the team. I don't see the value in adding our slots to the Regiment. But then I'm old and retired.

37F5V 25 September 2015 08:14

Old news. We've had a dude down there on the staff for some time now. Planning position and staff integration. Teams continue to be sourced from the parent Group. Wouldn't make sense from a sourcing or training perspective to have permanent party teams down at Regiment or the battalions. We are spread too thin and have higher priority competing requirements. Also doesn't make sense to have a dick measuring contest over silly shit.

TerribleTed 26 September 2015 22:35

The Regiment has mechanics and dieticians.

I'm stating the obvious, but things have greatly changed from patrolling in the woods in the peacetime.

I would be willing to give them a shot. We have done dumber things in the past.

B 2/75 26 September 2015 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerribleTed (Post 1058510197)
The Regiment has mechanics and dieticians.


No shit.

Sharky was right... Evolution.



I'll shut up now. fuck.

TerribleTed 26 September 2015 22:42

If it doesn't work out, then the slots get cut and we can go back to the status quo, with lessons learned.

Grumm 29 September 2015 21:48

I thought they already had that asset
 
What does B/9 have to say about this? Are they not doing what they used to anymore?

37F5V 29 September 2015 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumm (Post 1058510737)
What does B/9 have to say about this? Are they not doing what they used to anymore?

See my previous post.

Grumm 29 September 2015 22:26

LC
 
Rgr, I misread the original post, thought it was confirmation. It didn't make sense remotely (the slots not his post) given manpower realities.

Ayleeon 29 October 2015 21:01

I'm new to CA, but from what I have seen, CA personnel need to stay where they are operationally. A planning team at most, but no more should be integrated.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved