Thread: advice needed
View Single Post
Old 25 December 2017, 18:46
Awaiting the Terrologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Just reading this thread, but perhaps we can assist the OP instead of dog-piling the OP.
Point taken respectfully. I'll echo Purple36. The advice about writing is great advice.

As a [b]non-US guy[/bold] who worked for US companies and still helps guys getting work, the amount of great CV's being sent for single vacancies is huge. They get culled for the simplest things and writing like that in a cover letter will see a CV in the circular file straight out of the mail.

There are way more people unemployed than vacancies in this area.

SOCNET is a fantastic recruiting tool as well. We all know how many recruiters frequent this board and how many employers as well. This then becomes our "first impression" in some cases and the only chance we have to impress.

I have sent a PM to the OP in an effort to give some guidance and avoid the appearance of a dog-pile.

But if I was asked to give one piece of advice in the Professional Development Forum" that covered all nationalities seeking work in this industry, my advice would be to brush up on your written skills because there is more to working outside of the Military than trigger pulling.

Icemonkey, you have a PM from me.

Cheers,

On the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month, we will remember them.

Lest We Forget.