View Single Post
Old 25 November 2016, 22:26
Firearm Industry Vagabond

Please forgive my absence and how long it took me to write this.

A good friend and member here told me of this when it happened and it broke my fucking heart. I've lost a lot of friends over the years and it never gets easier, but Andy was always a little different. When I went through a very difficult time a few years ago, SOCNET members came together and quite literally saved my life. I could afford treatment for a cancer diagnosis that I was terrified to speak of and embarrassed about. It was a diagnosis that Andy himself had been through, which resulted in his "symmetry". During the whole ordeal, Andy was a friend and confidant who was my backbone when I needed a kick in the ass.

If I could have picked someone to be my father, to be the grandfather of my daughters, I would have been blessed to have Andy in that role. I'm still blessed to have been able to call him my friend and for the way he opened up to me and showed me such kindness and compassion. I never got to tell him that. I regret that I'll never get the chance. But I say it now so that others might see a side of Andy that most people would not have known. Andy was always a true warrior, but there was so much more to him.

Rest Easy my friend. I hope every day that your family is well and know that those who knew you will keep your memory alive. If I could be half the man you were I would have lived a good life.

Rest Easy SOTB