View Single Post
Old 1 August 2019, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyworks View Post
So turns out I was too senior to conduct a latmove into 0861 with the Marine Reserves.

I got a conditional release form apprived and I'm joining the 19th SFG(A) as either 35P, or 25C depending on my ability to obtain a TS(SCI).

I was wondering if there are any radio guys on here that have been in an SF group, or anyone that knows any 25 series dudes that have gone to JFO or a JTAC qualifying course. The recruiter mentioned that it was possible to go JFO/JTAC as a signal dude, and I wanted to see how accurate this was.

I know that the 18 series guys can attend the SOF JTAC course, so the chances are pretty low, but yea. I spoke with a contact of mine who is the Fires NCO/JTAC manager at an SF group and he said it WAS possible, but there needs to be a reason for it.
If you don't mind me asking, what is your desired outcome here? Are you looking to be a JTAC, JFO/fires guy, or be a support guy at an SF group? I'm confused as to the job that you truly want. If you could clear that up, maybe I or others on here can help.