View Single Post
Old 2 August 2019, 08:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyworks View Post
I was set on being a JFO/JTAC within a reserve ANGLICO unit, however that was not possible due to TIS/TIG restrictions. I decided to join 19th Group as a support guy.

However if having an additional duty as a JFO/JTAC is possible then that would be great.
Not to rain on your parade, but the likelihood of becoming a JTAC as SF support is very low. Between Air Force TACPs, Combat Controllers, Army Rangers and Green Berets, your chances of getting a seat at JTACQC or even SOTAC are extremely slim. They military desperately needs JTACs, but there's only so many you can train at once, and the preponderance of slots go to Air Force TACPs. Basically what I'm getting at is if you want to blow things up with close air support, be a TACP. I can almost guarantee you there won't be the same issue with your TIS/TIG, especially with the chronically low manning currently plaguing Guard TACP squadrons. If this is something that interests you, message me directly and I can put you in touch with the unit nearest you or just shed some more light on the career field as a whole.