View Single Post
Old 21 March 2017, 14:00
MSMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post
I've had several friends and acquaintances that I worked with doing security that have gone on to police departments say they've lied on polygraphs and passed because they didn't see what they did as bad or really care. One instance was downloading music online illegally, another was smoking weed so I guess it's all on the individual. One guy did roids and is now a sheriff.
Conversely, I have a very good friend who was turned down for a police job because of "questionable results" on his polygraph. We were in the infantry together he went on to do two more enlistments in Counter Intel with the commensurate security clearance. He tried to call the polygraph tech out on their bullshit, but they were not inclined to listen. Fortunately it turned out well and he's making a lot more money than I am doing EP work.

Like MixedLoad said, Polygraph examinations are a fucking joke.
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny ... it is the light that guides your way.
~ Heraclitus