View Single Post
Old 15 May 2016, 20:32
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
The world, and especially SOCNET, lost a great man today, my friend, Andy Potts aka SOTB.

I don't remember my first interaction with Andy. SOCNET search has too many hits with him calling me on something, or agreeing with something, for me to get back farther than 2012.

Snip

Until we meet again. Semper Fi, RIP and Fuck Cancer.

Your pal, KidA
Powerful post.

I remember when Andy and I met you for first time. He was in town and we had a small SOCNET link up in Old Town. None of the BTDT's had a kitchen pass (whipped) and you and Baildog said you would come by. Jimbo may have done a quick fly by and split to go "work out", but I can't remember.

I had recently spent a week arguing with you over coal mining or some other touchy feely cause you expoused back then while I was on a job in Nigeria or another garden spot and he was in from a trip to Afghanistan.

Resigned to my fate of meeting up with the SOCNET lefty I dutifully showed up with Andy to wait for you.

While waiting the conversation goes something like this.
Me "how will we know him?"
Andy "he'll be the gayest dude in here"
Me "gayer than Sharky or just normal gay like Pirate Mike?"
Andy "no ones gayer than Sharky and I think he's taller than Pirate Mike so he probably has to take a knee to do the deed"
Me "dude this Old Town, that could be anyone"

Luckily a text came in from you saying you had arrived. To no ones surprise in walked this skinny dude wearing black leather pants looking a bit skittish. I knew it was you right away. Andy whispers "shit, he's gayer than Sharky".

Turns out you were GTG and once we got you to stop speaking Latin the night picked up. I considered smashing a chair over your head to uphold the stereotype people have from here, but let it go. Andy being Andy nursed one beer all evening and then tried to give away the remaining half.

That was a good night and I know Andy valued your friendship.