View Single Post
Old 31 January 2017, 12:17
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-PH View Post
The other brands from those years are eligible for "vintage" classes, but not the Kawasakis.
Yeah I've got drums front and rear, coming from a 2012 TE310 let's just say that stopping is interesting...

BUSA - nice collection.

My first "dirt" bike was an early 70s Kawasaki 90 I bought at a flea market for $25. All my friends had RMs and YZs and KXs from the late 1970s and here I was with this fucking thing. But I rode the hell out of it, took it on trails in the woods, rode it in lots and lots of circles in the back yard. I can still remember the sound of the suspension bottoming out almost constantly. I later traded it on a .22 rifle.

I'd love to find one again though just to have.

One day I'll pick up my dream bike, which is an 86 CR250 - came out when I was 15 and love everything about it - but I think the red and blue color scheme was perfect.

The wife wants to get into riding, but she's wee, so her choices are limited. Found the perfect bike for her - 1986 or 1987 Honda TLR200 (Reflex). Marketed as a "trials" bike but bonus is they came street legal. She can fit on it, pick it up off the ground, reach the levers, etc ---- now just have to find one actually for sale.

If she ends up binning it and hating riding then I get a sweet trials bike to fart around on...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kawasaki90.jpg (26.7 KB, 183 views)