View Single Post
Old 25 May 2015, 08:04
I am into Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTAUSRET View Post
If we had been in a Huey, and he had sustained the same injury, at least the CE, or DG could have tended to him. If nothing else they could have held his hand while he expired.
I will say this now with the understanding that when I have opportunity to buy you a drink, I will be certain there are no CAR-15 within reach.

Your Wingman Soul is apparently still beating your 'realism filter', sense-less.

You know- as certain as you know that your Cobra flies beyond the grace of Icarus and all other applicable Gods- that he was 'lights out' the moment whatever projectile or fragment struck him in the head so it destroyed his skull. I know your Bride has explained this to you 13,000 times, or more.

Your Aircrew could have held his hand, but it would have been for their comfort.

Depending on the varying realities of spirits- I would say he was either surprised at appearing before the Great Hall and musing- "We were not crashing, I guess I was hit and killed?" or he was there looking at his body and saying "I was just smashed- I hope my Pilot does not crash in his haste to get me to medical treatment".

And if the spirit lingers to watch for a time, I think maybe he doubles over laughing at the demand of "Do something", weapon pointed at the Doctor.

Because were you the spirit, I see you laughing as well.

A belated Blue Skies for your fallen Brother. It was over before you saw the blood. And there was no fire, for either of you.

2 shots! Pay your respects and penance!- Killer

Respectfully,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.