View Single Post
Old 16 June 2017, 18:24
Been There Done That

I have fond memories of Camp MacKall of old at least circa late 80's/early 90's. Certainly not as old as some members here.

I remember the tar shacks as the building where people would go to during SFAS and not come back...at least for that class. I wanted nothing to do with the tar shacks as that was where the quitters went to VW. Quitting was not an option so only saw the tar shacks in passing as we occasionally walked by them. It wasn't until later when I was on a team that I got to set foot in them as we used them to plan TNG ops.

I can empathize with some of the old timers reflecting on the changes CMK has gotten over the years. The million dollar shitter from 1989 is no longer there. I remembered thinking what a waste of million bucks, it doesn't even have hot water in the winter time. The young dudes and dudettes (cross thread points) going through now will say the same thing we're saying now, 20 years down the road.

My main beef with the expansion of the footprint is the challenges to get TNG areas in that area. You use to be able to go down to the range shack, talk to O.C. and secure a TNG area, drop off a case of beer when you were done and let them know the next time you planned to come through.

A problem shared is a problem ridiculed