View Single Post
Old 17 March 2017, 12:07
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokeu2 View Post
This is the textbook attitude that arrogant boxers take. The comment "If UFC fighters had any real talent, they'd be boxers." is so insanely immature, dogmatic, and ignorant, that I am almost shocked that it was written.

If "UFC fighters" only focused on working on boxing; then they'd be "boxers". Fighters who train all ranges of unarmed fighting, are arguably very talented if they stick with it. If you make the mistake of believing that training a single skill set is superior to training all ranges, ya better open your eyes.

Put an MMA fighter in a ring, playing by the limited rules of Boxing; ie, only being able to bang with punches, the boxer win's because of the limited rules. Remove the rules, allow all ranges of fighting, then put a boxer in a cage; the most boxers don't last a minute. Couture and Tony fight is a good example of that.

The embarrassing thing is believing that possessing only a single skillset is somehow superior.
You're missing the point I'm making. Boxing is where the money is at. If I'm a young dude with alot of talent, would I want to fight in the UFC for 80k or box on HBO or Showtime for ten times that? You bring up the Couture and Tony fight but neglect to mention the Sylvia and Mercer fight.