View Single Post
Old 18 March 2017, 13:53
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
I absolutely agree with this, but I dont really understand how it happens that way. I dont know ANYONE who pays for boxing matches, or even goes to watch them. I never see them shown on TV when I go to any bars or restaurants that show sports. However, if there is a UFC fight on that I wasnt expecting, I turn around and leave the bar/restaurant because I will never get a table, and usually if I want to watch it, at least one person that I know will have it on PPV if I dont.
I'm not saying I know the answer to that, I don't, but I do have a feeling that following the money could provide at least part of said answer....someone at the UFC is getting stinko rich, and we all know it isn't the fighters.

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".