View Single Post
Old 20 October 2015, 20:03
gavin's Avatar
gavin gavin is offline
Unemployed Stunt Double
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: on the road...
Posts: 7,380
Just my thoughts...

Who cares if they make a guy re-class to a prior MOS from 18F? Once you have graduated the SFISC, you have checked that block. Let them re-class you, and then, once you have finished the accession process back to AD, drop a 4187 to change your MOS to 18F. It's not like you would have to go back thru the SFISC again.

Bettendorf- Nothing is set in stone, everything is waiverable. It's a negotiation. If AD wants you bad enough, they will let you retain your rank and MOS. If not, see above. Contact DSOP and have a conversation about what's possible, then start the painful process of dealing with a recruiter. Expect recruiters to blow you off, as they don't get credit for prior-service folks, so recruiters see you as a pile of paperwork more complicated than a first-term enlistee, and they get nothing for doing all the paperwork. Too bad. Be persistent and make them do it.
Life’s barely long enough to get good at one thing. So be careful what you get good at.
Reply With Quote