View Single Post
Old 8 May 2021, 21:39
Embrace the Suck

Wow this took me by surprise, what a blow. Tim and I took a job at 5 pm and drove thru the night to get on a boat at 6AM to spend 7 hours trying to get to the outer end of The Abacos islands in the Bahamas after a Cat 5 hurricane destroyed absolutely everything. He and I spent the next 3 weeks working side by side in the middle of a disaster zone, sleeping on the beach, scavenging food and fuel, “borrowing” boats, tractors, generators and running all over the islands helping people lost and stranded. It wasn’t quite like being in combat with a dude but probably the next closest thing. I learned a lot about Tim, he was a unique guy with a personality as big as his smile. He never got down, never got upset, always laughed and smiled and loved being around other people.

We worked and sweated our asses off, it was literally the most unique experience, Tim absolutely loved it and made friends with everyone we came in contact with. Tim loved life, he lived every day, every moment as if it was a gift. I learned a lot from Tim, I am a better man because of him.

This is Tim, pure and genuine. I’ll post a few more of that gig when I get to a laptop. RIP Brother, I look forward to the next trip with you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E4FC86F8-4D97-4D6B-817F-32657843340E.jpg (10.5 KB, 275 views)