View Single Post
Old 4 December 2009, 11:55
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwarrior1
Sure the HOA is in the "legal right," but now they look like ass to a lot of people and people know about the area and this issue and many may think twice when moving somewhere in that area. Wonder what THAT will do to their precious home values....
I would think it would mean those home values remain intact. Which is the goal of the whole thing. If I were looking at a home in that area, this event would not deter me from purchasing there -- unless I had aspirations to put up a flagpole.

As stated previously in this thread, there are "protections" already in place regarding flying the flag on your property, including within an area covered by an HOA.

IE, there is FLORIDA. I think people might find that the HOA in this instance does have rules, so does the State of FL, and these rules did not prevent this vet from flying a flag. Some orgs are forward-thinking and looking to prevent issues from occurring -- some of the readers of this thread will state there are no issues when flying a flag. Whatever. To those with a desire to have an open mind, read that link.

I lived in Westchase when THIS issue was big news. I supported the HOA's ruling -- except when it voted to lower the fine. There is more to the issue than just putting up a sign to say you support the troops. Some people won't see that.

I'm sure that I can now have the obligatory comments about my patriotism as well. Right. 'Cause I sure as fuck haven't EVER done anything that could be termed as supporting my country....