View Single Post
Old 24 February 2018, 07:44
Cynical and Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRODA396 View Post
Jay was one of those guys that when you meet him, you're like woaaa, dude, turn down the volume! Once you got to know him, you realized his energy and volume were how his passion for everything came out. One of those guys that would stop and drop everything to help you with whatever you needed. I was joking recently with all the bike riders in the company, asking them, "I've decided I am going to learn to ride, can I borrow your bike? Of course everyone said no in a not so suitable for work manner, but Jay stopped and talked about several ways to learn, pro's of each and what he thought was best...loved his bikes, loved to help. He's among Warriors now and you can bet your ass he will be at the entrance to welcome everyone in when they arrive, drink in hand and big 'ole shit-eatin grin on his face! Rest In Peace Jay!

As Jay would say.. “turn down for what!??” Baha. I’ll never forget calling him crying about my sorrows and divorce and whatever. He laughed and said get over it... go lift... drink a beer... and get your mind right. Lol. His wife encompasses the same spirit but with a little more gentleness haha. He and his family were one of the first to show up to help me move. As I stood there literally standing still... he was like, “girl... get your freaking head out of the trash and let’s go we got S$$$ to be doing ...” his wife was already leaned back in the truck, feet up in the dash board. For some of the darkest moments in my life, that dynamic pair was my rock and brought many smiles to my face. Keep his wife in your prayers. We did the memorial service yesterday and it’s so heartbreaking to see her pain like this. I can’t help but imagine seeing him again and him talking smack about why we were all crying.... yes with that shit eating grin.