View Single Post
Old 31 August 2017, 15:52
Old Scroll
Rain does have some affect, as does the Coriolis Effect, wind, temperature, humidity, and myriad other conditions.

But, the degree to which the projectile is actually affected depends on the "strength" if you will, of the input. Wind has a large effect, as does temperature and to a lesser degree, humidity. Rain's effect on a bullet is, generally speaking, small enough that the vast majority of shooters can't tell any difference. What these less experienced shooters will note, however, and will often attribute to the rain, is the change in bullet placement on the target that is actually the result of factors that have a greater effect on the bullet: increased humidity, decreased temp, generally dimmer light, and possibly increased wind.

Shooting in the rain isn't so much fun, but it does go a great amount of good in concealing a sniper's position when shooting. Practice, practice, practice.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab