View Single Post
Old 25 January 2017, 15:06
Conquer Life.

Apply Now: Stanford Ignite Veterans Program

The Stanford Ignite - Post-9/11 Veterans program is now accepting applications for the 2017 class.

I attended the program last year after viewing a post in this thread.

I have been wanting to write an AAR for months but simply haven't finished it yet... and as registration has opened for 2017, I just want to get this info out there as quickly as possible.

This was the best entrepreneurship program I have ever attended. There are a few times in life where you look around the room at who is sitting next to you and you very humbly wonder how the hell you were selected for such a thing. This was one such experience for me.

Our class consisted of a little bit of everyone from submarine officers to pilots to grunts and the full spectrum of SOF. It was a phenomenal group of people to learn with, share ideas, create projects and crack (more than) a few beers.

The guest speakers included the most highly esteemed faculty and staff to set foot on Stanford campus. The site visits included places like FB, Google, Tesla, etc. But most importantly were the people and the staff. Best in the world.

This program was so much fun and so brilliantly amazing that if you are even remotely interested in entrepreneurship or starting a business, I highly suggest you apply. You will not be disappointed.

Now, down to the need-to-know:
  • Info session: There will be a webinar info session on Thursday, Feb 2, 2017 @ 1700. View this link for details.

Application Deadline: March 2nd, 2017. View the main website for info and create an account here to apply.

Program Dates: 25 Jun – 20 Jul 2017. Class sessions are on Monday through Friday over four consecutive weeks.

Cost: $2,000 USD. This is a steal. The normal course for non-Stanford students is $14,500 and still extremely competitive.

Digital brochure: Click this link.

If you have any questions, please post or PM. I'll be happy to answer.

Once again, I cannot stress what an incredible opportunity this is. I applied even though I doubted I would make the cut... so you should do the same. You never know if you don't try.

"When your ruck gets too heavy, someone on this site will always help you carry it." - Chimo