View Single Post
Old 29 May 2016, 02:48

Came on the board tonight after a really long time to read & reflect Memorial Day. After posting in the Memorial day thread I scrolled down & read the title & my heart sank. GTFO. I, like most never met Andy in person but met him on-line over at another site about 12 years ago & early on during my time there someone used his first name, the only time I actually saw it during the 5 or 6 years I frequented that site.

At FMSS, as permanent personnel I served with former FR Sgt who had a crazy friend named Andy he had served with. Although I was intimidated by his on line persona I needed to know if he was the same Andy & once I was able to finally get the nerve after getting his FR time frame calculated I PM'd him to ask if he was the same "ANDY". I used his name in my opening line & he responded with "no i'm not that Andy & how the fuck do you know my name, I never use it on here & you better not be someone I know fucking with me". Once I explained that I wasn't messing with him & who I was he replied back "sorry man I apologize". Obviously no apologies were needed from him but he gave me one anyway.
Through the years I would pm him every once in a while to ask questions about this or that. I always appreciated his honest answers & always thought that his on-line gruff personality was nothing like what it would actually be in person.
Would have loved to have met him face to face because i'm sure he was an awesome dude in all respects.

RIP Andy