Thread: 1911 discussion
View Single Post
Old 14 March 2017, 02:45
Isiah 52:13-53:12

Gents,
First, I love this site and this thread. Info here is far better than reading the reviews for any weapon on any other site and for that I thank you.
Secondly, I am looking for a 1911 as as sort of collectors item and a home protection if needed. Reading thru this thread has helped me narrow down my choices to either the Ed Brown, Coltor an STI. I have been fortunate to be able to afford the higher end and am reaching out for more advice from you gents with the expertise to guide in a well thought out decision. I was leaning toward the .45 cal but a friend insists the 10mm is a better round ballistically. I am a novice who owns barrel guns only. I am left handed shooter. I really like the look and detail of the Ed Browns.
Any advice is greatly appreciated in advance.
Xenon

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

A little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back. -Francis Bacon