View Single Post
Old 22 October 2017, 19:06
Hoepoe's Avatar
Hoepoe Hoepoe is offline
Confirmed User
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Israel
Posts: 2,248
Originally Posted by Batdog View Post
You are not a E.P. agent, you are a personal assistant, who happens to be a retired cop with HR 218. No license needed.
Until something happens and force is used. If you're a PA, then you would need a contract to back that up. If you have a contract as a PA, you're uninsured for security work. It's a poor reflection on professional protection services and just another indicator of many folks who still subscribe to "the gun maketh the protector" myth. It's also reckless and in addition to the retired cop putting him/herself at risk, he/she is endangering the Principal and neglecting duty of care toward them.
Reply With Quote