View Single Post
Old 28 April 2010, 20:04
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestboy View Post
http://www.news.navy.mil/search/disp...story_id=52846

Let them know what you think at the bottom....
The related comments say it all.

Related Story Comments:
4/28/2010 3:55:00 PM
Total disgrace. If you are going to name the ship after a Marine, make it a Marine who showed true heroism in battle e.g. Sgt Rafael Peralta.
Mike, GySgt USMC, USA

4/28/2010 3:51:00 PM
This is an absolute disgrace to our men and women in uniform, and to all those who have served and died for their country. Shame on you.
Nahum, Georgia

4/28/2010 3:26:00 PM
absolutely off the chart unreal; appalling, and he has that rip-off little airport named after him; stop this and close the airport
Denis, California, USA

4/28/2010 2:59:00 PM
What? The USS Taliban was taken? Shame on you SECNAV. We know you will do nothing to fix this atrocity. Is there no honor anymore? God bless all the true heroes in our Navy and Marines!
Micah, Washington

4/28/2010 2:38:00 PM
a total disgrace....are you going to name the next one The Rod Blagojevich?
you gotta be kidding

4/28/2010 12:45:00 PM
All I can say is thank God I am no longer in the Navy. I served my time, enjoy my Honorable Discharge, and dearly miss some good ole friends. Todays military is getting more and more political, and to have a warship named after a man who liked to posture politically when it was convenient is a disgrace, and to select this name shows the incompetence of the SECNAV. He is either weak or stupid.
Alec GSM2(SW)

4/28/2010 12:27:00 PM
My brother served on PBR's in the delta and ended up as a P.O.W. for 3 years,he died at the age of 36 from war related problems from his captivity My Brother Stan was a hero and because of his example I served 6 years,My uncle was on the antietam in WW2 for the duration and is also deceased. Both Stan and Uncle gary must be spinning in there graves at the prospect of the name murtha attached to a ship-it makes me sick-name a ship after my brother first-he is a hero ,murtha was a bum
Dutch Beasley, Ohio

4/28/2010 12:26:00 PM
As a 36 year Marine Corps Veteran with Combat in Vietnam and service on many Amphibious Ships - naming an Amphibious Ship after John Murtha is a disgrace for both the Navy and Marine Corps. Name it after a City or at least a Marine that has died in the service of his Country.
Retired Marine, California

4/28/2010 12:24:00 PM
Are you stopping posting comments?! I know more have been sent, including mine. What the hell in the matter with the Navy? This secretary, whom I doubt has ever been near the ocean until he got the job, has made a terrible, disgusting, political decision that desecrates a Navy warship. And the uproar is just beginning, friends. You tell Secretary Mabus he dishonors the Mississippi McCains who served. He should have stayed in Saudi Arabia.
Joe McCain, North America (non-US)

~edited for brevity and to save bandwidth~

Last edited by RGR.Montcalm; 16 February 2012 at 13:53. Reason: Please don't copy and paste whole sections like this; post a link