View Single Post
Old 10 November 2015, 18:21
True Origin Not Known

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCOM View Post
PJs have no choice in the airframes used to support their missions. When the V-22 was being brought online I was involved in some of the testing. If I remember correctly, it canít hover for very long so it canít loiter well. The Ospreyís downwash is so powerful that it frequently knocks down troops on the ground. Ospreys have problems with fast descents of the kind needed in combat zones, being prone to a condition known as 'Vortex Ring State' which has been a cause of several crashes, three of which were fatal, during development. That condition means they must descent relatively slowly, making them more vulnerable to ground fire, or risk crashing.

The HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter will be the CSAR platform for the foreseeable future.
That answers my question.

Are you fucking serious? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week...and I'm at a senior staff planning conference, so, the bar has been set pretty high. You should be proud. - Gavin