View Single Post
Old 26 May 2017, 22:20
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
Isn't that pretty much true for all professional (yes, I include the Olympics) sports? All these cities spending billions of dollars to build new stadiums; money they tore from the average citizen via taxes to build a stadium that benefits a few owners. Has any city ever made a profit from doing so? Why can't the owners, if doing so is profitable, spend their own money to build a new stadium?
Because they didn't get rich and stay that way by opening their wallet? Better to use someone else's money than their own, all they have to do is buy a few politicians and they can have YOUR money. "Build me a shiny new stadium and I'll bring my circus to your town"......

RIP Stevie D. 1964-2012
U.S. Army Veteran of OIF 2003
"Gone But Never Forgotten"

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".