View Single Post
Old 25 May 2019, 22:58
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

The Hausa are the majority population in a democracy. Even if many are Muslim in name only and many more are Muslim but uninterested in terrorism, you still have a majority population that won't lift a finger to stop Boko Haram and will stand up against any criticism of them that could be perceived as a criticism of Islam. The nominally Christian Ibo population tried to secede from Nigeria and form their own nation of Biafra a half century ago, but it didn't work out well for them, and I don't think they have the stomach to lose another couple of million people trying again. I have a Christian friend from Togo who lives in central Nigeria now, and according to him an Islamist takeover of the society is not imminent but is likely just a matter of time.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician