View Single Post
Old 23 February 2018, 18:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBad View Post
I think we can both agree the times have changed since late 1700s. But perhaps we shall differ in this opinion as I believe in today society background checks are needed
We sure will differ. BCs are an infringement on the right itself, as is registration. You said yourself BCs are a joke. Every legal and societal limit that could be placed on this latest shooter failed us. Feds, Local PDs, Schools, everything. What makes you think a background check would have helped here? He passed because no one in a position of authority over this kid ever raised a red flag about him. This doesn't even address what he could have obtained on the black market. BCs don't fix shit in this situation.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister