SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 3 June 2018, 08:17
Navigating

SWAT Teammate Hurt

https://www.google.com/amp/fox8.com/...n-officer/amp/

While we executed a search/arrest warrant one of our guys (JR) was hit by the suspect with what the Doctors say a 12ga slug. Really, really solid dude. He was breaching the door when he was hit. We have a PA as our medic attached to the team, saved JR’s life, after dragging him back behind the MRAP. Couple surgeries down, a long road to recovery. LE career probably over.

- Excerpt from Gates of Fire, Michael Yon
Old 3 June 2018, 08:20
Been There Done That

Prayers outbound.

Will be able to walk again?
Old 3 June 2018, 08:23
Navigating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Prayers outbound.

Will be able to walk again?
Doc said his walking, “will probably be affected.”

- Excerpt from Gates of Fire, Michael Yon
Old 3 June 2018, 08:58
The Sagacious One

Godspeed Officer.
Old 3 June 2018, 09:08
Authorized Personnel

Prayers lifted for a speedy and complete recovery!
Old 3 June 2018, 09:20
Authorized Personnel

Prayers for a speedy and full recovery!
Old 3 June 2018, 09:26
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

What a tragedy. There has to be a better way to arrest a guy like this than breaching when he's inside and armed. The outcome is almost predictable. What about the "have someone smack him behind the ear with a blackjack while he's buying his Big Gulp at 7-11" option?

I pray for the Officer's recovery, and I hope LEO's everywhere will learn from this horrible occurrence, because otherwise it was all for nothing. You gotta be smarter than the average bear......

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi
Old 3 June 2018, 12:02
FIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/fox8.com/...n-officer/amp/

While we executed a search/arrest warrant one of our guys (JR) was hit by the suspect with what the Doctors say a 12ga slug. Really, really solid dude. He was breaching the door when he was hit. We have a PA as our medic attached to the team, saved JR’s life, after dragging him back behind the MRAP. Couple surgeries down, a long road to recovery. LE career probably over.
Sorry brother. I heard about that and wondered if it was your team. Prayers for him, his family and the rest of the team.
Old 3 June 2018, 12:49
Time is a flat circle

256, JR will be in our prayers.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 3 June 2018, 12:59
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
What a tragedy. There has to be a better way to arrest a guy like this than breaching when he's inside and armed. The outcome is almost predictable. What about the "have someone smack him behind the ear with a blackjack while he's buying his Big Gulp at 7-11" option?

I pray for the Officer's recovery, and I hope LEO's everywhere will learn from this horrible occurrence, because otherwise it was all for nothing. You gotta be smarter than the average bear......
I’ve been apart of multiply arrest in how you describe. I prefer doing it “out in town” and away from the arsenal. It’s becoming a wider practiced technique. They may have wanted to but situation did not allow.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 3 June 2018, 13:08

Quote:

Here's to a speedy and complete recovery.

As to taking him in public, you have to figure out your balance point between possibly letting him fire shots in a public setting with no real way to contain him or keep by standers generally safe vs. taking him in a (possibly) fortified structure where he is only directing shots at people that are prepared and willing to do the job.

Tough call to make.
Old 3 June 2018, 14:50
Never to old to learn

Prayers inbound.
Old 3 June 2018, 15:19
Authorized Personnel

I hope he recovers quickly and fully.
Old 3 June 2018, 16:25
Been There Done That

Here's to a speedy recovery.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 3 June 2018, 16:26
Policeman Officer

I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 3 June 2018, 16:46
Another pool cleaner

Speedy recovery
Old 3 June 2018, 17:17
Confirmed User

Damn man, that sucks. I hope he recovers as well and quickly as possible. Thank God it wasn’t worse.
Old 3 June 2018, 19:38
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoover View Post
Here's to a speedy and complete recovery.

As to taking him in public, you have to figure out your balance point between possibly letting him fire shots in a public setting with no real way to contain him or keep by standers generally safe vs. taking him in a (possibly) fortified structure where he is only directing shots at people that are prepared and willing to do the job.

Tough call to make.
Agreed, but just to be clear, I was suggesting something a lot more low key than a traffic stop or something like that, I'm talking about him being trailed by people in plainclothes and non LE issue vehicles, with some guy who is "least likely to be made as a cop", as I said, waiting in line behind him in the store and when his hands are busy, smacking him behind the ear with a flat sap. Hard. The guy was known to have weapons and had threatened to use them against LEO's, as far as I'm concerned that buys a lot of latitude in the actual mechanics of taking him into custody. "Speed, surprise, violence of action." Identify yourself when he wakes up. "Oh by the way, we're the Police".....

Him with a fractured skull, concussion, whatever vs. that officer taking a 12 gauge slug is an easy choice for me. Thank God he wasn't better equipped and better trained, as anyone with military FIBA/MOBA/MOUT training knows its not beyond the realm of possibility that most of the stack could have died in the funnel. A 20rd mag dump of 7.62 could easily accomplish that, shield and plates or not.

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi

Last edited by bobofthedesert; 3 June 2018 at 19:48.
Old 3 June 2018, 20:21
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Agreed, but just to be clear, I was suggesting something a lot more low key than a traffic stop or something like that, I'm talking about him being trailed by people in plainclothes and non LE issue vehicles, with some guy who is "least likely to be made as a cop", as I said, waiting in line behind him in the store and when his hands are busy, smacking him behind the ear with a flat sap. Hard
There’d be a thread on here within the hour “police misconduct thread 47”. Or worse, get smoked by a CCW who is in line behind you.

Old 3 June 2018, 20:40
Policeman Officer

There's about a 0% chance of an arrest like that these days and the hand wringing public would be calling for heads and probably get them. Possibly black officers/white suspect but a sap or anything similar would be career suicide.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth

Our new posting rules