SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 24 August 2010, 10:40
Confirmed User

Denver is NOT carry-friendly at all.
Old 24 August 2010, 21:31
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mraughh View Post
If you need bailed out of jail PM me and I'll give you my number :)
I won't need it but the LAPD / LA Dodger Fan might.

Thanks for the Colorado CCW law outline link. Very good information to have.

I don't think we'll make it down to CS, but you're welcome to join us.
Old 24 August 2010, 23:24
Shop smart, Shop S-Mart

PM sent. Unfortunately I have to work that weekend. We're strapped for people right now.
Old 25 August 2010, 16:40
Confirmed User

If you want to know more about Pikes Peak, check out the video of a sunday drive to the top:
Old 25 August 2010, 16:53
arizonaguide
Visitor

Outstanding!!!
Old 25 August 2010, 17:03
Been There Done That

Papa Smurf and MrAughh, didn't realize you are in the Springs. I am here as well. If we can get Viking to man up, we should have a Springs Socnet linkup...the Golden Bee would be a good place to start!

RgrDrew
RLTW!
Old 25 August 2010, 23:41
Shop smart, Shop S-Mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrdrew View Post
Papa Smurf and MrAughh, didn't realize you are in the Springs. I am here as well. If we can get Viking to man up, we should have a Springs Socnet linkup...the Golden Bee would be a good place to start!

RgrDrew
RLTW!
Name the date and I'll be there :) I got Friday and Saturday off usually unless working OT.
Old 26 August 2010, 00:05
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mraughh View Post
Name the date and I'll be there :) I got Friday and Saturday off usually unless working OT.
I should be settled back in the Springs by Sept 1st.. Anytime after that I'm good to go.

Dan
Old 26 August 2010, 00:28
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverescue View Post
If you want to know more about Pikes Peak, check out the video of a sunday drive to the top
1. Starting point - Mile Marker 7 - 9,000 MSL -- End point - Summit - 14,000 MSL

2. Distance 12.5 miles

3. World record - 10:1.40 minutes

4. NO freakin' guardrails!

Side note - 2002: Bruce Canepa, 13:57.83, racing a 1999 Kenworth SEMI!
Old 26 August 2010, 06:30
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixitup95 View Post
The Buckhorn Exchange is an awesome place to eat. I went there a few weeks ago and the food was awesome.

Here is their website http://buckhornexchange.com/
I will second that even though I have never been there or in Denver. Saw it on the Food Channel and it looks insanely good.
Old 26 August 2010, 07:46
33,024 - R.I.P.

I'm heading out in about two hours. Thanks again guys, for all the great info. Who knows, maybe I'll see you there.

-JAFO
Old 26 August 2010, 08:27
?

CS and the Golden Bee is worth the drive! Can't wait to get back out there with HH6 this time.

"OK, thankfully my wife doesn't read SOCNET -- something to do with it being filled with likeminded, immature people. Fuck her." - SOTB
Old 31 August 2010, 11:22
33,024 - R.I.P.

Denver was a blast! We stayed at the Sheraton Downtown, right on the 16th Street Mall. We watched two night games above the mile high ring at Coors Field. The Denver Cheese Steak sandwiches are definitely a staple if you go to that park. We had planned on doing alot more while we were there, but didn't. When we walked over to the Denver Mint, but they were closed. We couldn't get a group consensus on Dinosaur Ridge or the King Tut Exhibit at the museum either.

We did; however, manage to close down the Celtic Tavern/Delaney's two nights in a row, and partied with Steve "Psycho" Lyons (LA Dodgers color commentator) the first night. Andre Ethier (LA Dodgers) showed up both nights, and I managed to get an autographed game ball for my brother. Uneventful for a Giants fan.

My neck is still sore from having my head on a swivel. Denver has some of the most beautiful women I have seen. The "Mile High Skirts" are unbelievable! They were at the ballgames! They were at the bar! they were everywhere!

We will have to schedule more time next year for cultural stuff. I think everyone has decided on a St Louis Cardinals trip.
Old 31 August 2010, 13:16
exorcist

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonaguide View Post
I've never been there, but I think I may have to check out Shotgun Willies next time I'm in Denver. (yep, you knew it was coming...)

http://www.shotgun-willies.com/Flash_index.htm
Uhhh......shotgun willes......there used to be a mechanical bull there.....years ago......guess it would have been back in the early 90's or so. Anyone remember it? No, I did not get on it, but a buddy did and then puked his beer. It was a LYAO moment.

The only thing worse then losing a child in the service of our country is to lose that child to an ungrateful nation.

Still missing you...SGT Brandon J. Thomas 19thSFG(A)...you are always in my heart, buddy.

Our new posting rules