SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 17 July 2017, 19:26
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azatty View Post
You and Sharky should put your tools in a dark shed together and see what horror they spawn.
The tools wouldn't get along. B 2/75's actually starts.
Old 18 July 2017, 00:37
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic4070 View Post
The tools wouldn't get along. B 2/75's actually starts.
That's off the top rope!

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 18 July 2017, 03:31
The atomic zit

Delayed flights. I should be 1/2 way into a proper nights sleep and now I am amped up and cant... (mad_face)
Old 18 July 2017, 05:08
Psalm 91:2

Pain. I hate pain. Constant pain fucking with sleep.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 18 July 2017, 15:01
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
Pain. I hate pain. Constant pain fucking with sleep.
Yep. R F-ing hip pain. There is no position of comfort. TX: Turmeric, Norco 10/325, Diclofenac 3% gel. I shot some films a few years ago, nothing that look out of the ordinary. Radiologist didn't see anything either. Stretching does not help.

AND

People that have arms so fat that the fat rolls back onto the fat in the tricep area and it covers the elbow as well.

Support SOCNET.

Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic. (MICP)

Last edited by Expatmedic; 18 July 2017 at 15:07.
Old 18 July 2017, 18:33
Been There Done That

After receiving shots in my right hip for pain I had my new assigned doctor decide to do something no one else tried. MRI with contrast, damn, torn cartilage at hip joint. I was told all kinds of reasons for my pain, hernia, bursitis, pulled muscle and it was none of those. Air Force 3 months, VA x-rays and 3 appointments and then orthopedic surgeon shots every 3 months for 8 frickin years.
PT 3 times a week for up to 3 months with a 25 co-pay each visit over the years.
I hate the insurance companies will pay for a step of procedures instead of going straight to the cure.

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Old 18 July 2017, 20:48
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavegnr View Post
I hate the insurance companies will pay for a step of procedures instead of going straight to the cure.
I can relate. I had a family member die because of that. I hope all goes well in the near future.
Old 19 July 2017, 15:30
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletAim View Post
I can relate. I had a family member die because of that. I hope all goes well in the near future.
My condolences for your loss and an apology for pointing this out, but the basis of many "guarantees/warranties" and, of course, insurance, is the stalling tactic/rear guard action that results in the death of the claimant and thereby, the end of the claim(s).

Many years ago, when Sears was the only auto battery with a lifetime warranty, I saw the figures listed. Something like 60%of the vehicles were sold/traded (voiding the warranty), 18% lost their original paperwork (void), about 3 or 4% were not in the original vehicle (void), about 6% of owners passed away, another 10% were voided for reasons I have forgotten (it was more than 50 years ago, I believe) and the remaining 3% was what Sears had to deal with for the warranty. Essentially, insurance uses all means at its disposal to avoid paying any sooner than required in hopes that they will be let off the hook.
Old 19 July 2017, 20:25
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperpusher View Post
My condolences for your loss and an apology for pointing this out, but the basis of many "guarantees/warranties" and, of course, insurance, is the stalling tactic/rear guard action that results in the death of the claimant and thereby, the end of the claim(s).

Many years ago, when Sears was the only auto battery with a lifetime warranty, I saw the figures listed. Something like 60%of the vehicles were sold/traded (voiding the warranty), 18% lost their original paperwork (void), about 3 or 4% were not in the original vehicle (void), about 6% of owners passed away, another 10% were voided for reasons I have forgotten (it was more than 50 years ago, I believe) and the remaining 3% was what Sears had to deal with for the warranty. Essentially, insurance uses all means at its disposal to avoid paying any sooner than required in hopes that they will be let off the hook.
No need for apologies, it's not an overnight process, of course, but I've gotten over it. Thank you for your respect on my loss, though. Sears isn't a place that I would go anyways. I didn't know all of that but I heard that they once had a ton of name brand tools, I can't remember why but they don't anymore. They replaced them with junky generic ones. Insurance was the least of our worries. The hardest thing was, when I was in high school years ago I would spend literally every weekend at her house. She lived in a retirement home and every single person in there that I eve said "hi" to were extremely nice. So when we had to go into her house and clean it out of all of her things, it put more on me than going to her funeral. I have no idea why. So insurance didn't pass through anyone's head. To this day, we still get mail for her about insurance and "life insurance policies".
Old 19 July 2017, 20:30
Alone and Very Afraid

I fucking hate bed bugs, I've already gone to war against these little bastards twice. This is the third I'm going to be fighting them, severely tempted to just go absolutely nuclear rather then the targeted surgrical strikes I've been doing.
Old 19 July 2017, 21:48
Did...did I do that?

We're dealing with those little devils here. We've nuked 2 couches, one boxspring, and a headboard so far. That seemed to do it for the most part. Diatomaceous earth was a huge help, as was a product called Sniper, along with 91% isopropyl alcohol. The DE and Sniper are long-acting and slower kill. The alcohol is fast-acting.
Old 20 July 2017, 13:26
Confirmed User

People who find it necessary to Reply All to a mass distribution list email with the statement "Remove Me from Distro" or "Wrong Person".

And then the idiots that Reply All that say: "Stop Replying All"

Recently happened. I literally received over 250-300 of those annoying emails even after I ignored the conversation. Company had to shut the chain down.

fucking idiots.
Old 20 July 2017, 13:34
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
We're dealing with those little devils here. We've nuked 2 couches, one boxspring, and a headboard so far. That seemed to do it for the most part. Diatomaceous earth was a huge help, as was a product called Sniper, along with 91% isopropyl alcohol. The DE and Sniper are long-acting and slower kill. The alcohol is fast-acting.
Ill second to Diatomacious earth. That stuff is awesome kills everything.
Old 20 July 2017, 14:19
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jportal50 View Post
People who find it necessary to Reply All to a mass distribution list email with the statement "Remove Me from Distro" or "Wrong Person".

And then the idiots that Reply All that say: "Stop Replying All"

Recently happened. I literally received over 250-300 of those annoying emails even after I ignored the conversation. Company had to shut the chain down.

fucking idiots.
We run through that at my agency about twice a year. People don't understand that if they reply to a DISTRIBUTION LIST, it will...(wait for it...) DISTRIBUTE IT to everyone on the LIST. I really enjoy it when I've been out of the office for a week and come back to an inbox packed full of hundreds of this crap. Fortunately, we're an organization of smart-asses and after a few hours of idiots email everyone, the smartasses weigh in and it gets funny.
Old 20 July 2017, 14:22
Authorized Personnel

Pokemon. Fucking pokemon. My kids are obsessed with this stupid-ass cartoon. It seems like every time I walk in the house, this cartoon idiocy is on. I've banned it when I'm home-my son won't even ask if he can watch it anymore.

It's just stupid. I truly hate it. I would honestly rather they watch friggin' Sponge Bob.
Old 20 July 2017, 14:32
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic4070 View Post
Pokemon. Fucking pokemon. My kids are obsessed with this stupid-ass cartoon. It seems like every time I walk in the house, this cartoon idiocy is on. I've banned it when I'm home-my son won't even ask if he can watch it anymore.

It's just stupid. I truly hate it. I would honestly rather they watch friggin' Sponge Bob.
I swear if my wife ever squirts out a mini-me their cartoon universe will exist of Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry, and very little else.

It helps we don't have television so their options would be severely limited anyway.
Old 20 July 2017, 14:38
Authorized Personnel

There's a few good cartoons out there that I don't mind. My oldest is 10, so he's starting to lose interest in them though and migrating to more "tweenish" crap. Which makes me want to shoot the TV.

Time to break out the BB gun again and get him back outside, shooting things.
Old 20 July 2017, 14:54
Been There Done That

I hate when f'ing rats/mice/rodents eat thru the wiring harness on my Lexus 5 days before I fly to PI. FML!!!
Old 20 July 2017, 15:00
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
I swear if my wife ever squirts out a mini-me their cartoon universe will exist of Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry, and very little else.
I still want to grow up to be Wile E. Coyote. I've embraced the suck of perpetual failure, I just want to be able to bounce back after falling off cliffs.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 20 July 2017, 15:37
Confirmed User

Not paying attention/in a rush leading to running a drywall blade knife down my left index finger, not deep enough to require stitches but enough for butterflys and tape.

Our new posting rules