SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 17 December 2019, 16:07
Involuntary Yoga Guy

Longshot Target Camera's?

Has anyone, or does anyone use a targeting cam like something from Longshot?

If you're not familiar, it's a rather slick system that has a camera obviously, but also apps that'll allow you to mark rounds on target, and an indicator of a new round. The shooter sits the camera about 15 yards or so from the targets and feeds back to the receiver which is linked to an iPad/phone, or android device. It seems fairly slick and a worthwhile investment if one really wants to know where their shots are landing.

My curiosity is to know if getting the instantaneous feedback as opposed to walking downrange is beneficial if one wants to get better at PRS and Long Range matches.

https://www.longshotcameras.com/coll.../longshot-lr-3

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 17 December 2019, 16:39
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokeu2 View Post
Has anyone, or does anyone use a targeting cam like something from Longshot?

If you're not familiar, it's a rather slick system that has a camera obviously, but also apps that'll allow you to mark rounds on target, and an indicator of a new round. The shooter sits the camera about 15 yards or so from the targets and feeds back to the receiver which is linked to an iPad/phone, or android device. It seems fairly slick and a worthwhile investment if one really wants to know where their shots are landing.

My curiosity is to know if getting the instantaneous feedback as opposed to walking downrange is beneficial if one wants to get better at PRS and Long Range matches.

https://www.longshotcameras.com/coll.../longshot-lr-3
Seems expensive and extraneous. I give it two Air Force thumbs up.

I'll post a review when mine arrives. Wonder if there's a way to drop it from a drone?
Old 17 December 2019, 17:29
Involuntary Yoga Guy

You toothpaste tube driver's are weird.
I don't know whether to think ya bought one or not. LOL

That said, it does seem a little extraneous. But...

Old 18 December 2019, 00:15
Confirmed User

Yes, well worth the cost. I'm not a tech user for shooting applications, I still don't use apps for elevation and windage calculations(much to my kids disbelief). With that said, this is the best piece of gear I've purchased in a long time.

It is good out to 800 yards. I hope to test out to 1200 by early spring. It's more efficient for me, instant feedback and it downloads to a cell, laptop or ipad. Easy to maintain precise range records.

I was a skeptic, then shot at 200, 300 and 400. Fewer rounds wasted and at my age, less time struggling to see impact with a spotting scope.

It's not a must have, and I avoid shooting steel with it to avoid fragments impacting the gear. It's easy to set up and move from target to target. My range time is more efficient and I've seen improvement, especially at ranges last 300 yards.
Old 18 December 2019, 10:13
Involuntary Yoga Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by labman2 View Post
Yes, well worth the cost. I'm not a tech user for shooting applications, I still don't use apps for elevation and windage calculations(much to my kids disbelief). With that said, this is the best piece of gear I've purchased in a long time.

It is good out to 800 yards. I hope to test out to 1200 by early spring. It's more efficient for me, instant feedback and it downloads to a cell, laptop or ipad. Easy to maintain precise range records.

I was a skeptic, then shot at 200, 300 and 400. Fewer rounds wasted and at my age, less time struggling to see impact with a spotting scope.

It's not a must have, and I avoid shooting steel with it to avoid fragments impacting the gear. It's easy to set up and move from target to target. My range time is more efficient and I've seen improvement, especially at ranges last 300 yards.
Maybe this is a confirmation bias thing, but an extraneous purchase is about to be made. :-)

My lazy nerd side says that getting that instant feedback would be really nice.

I may be in Dallas soon, how often do you take it to the range? :-)

Old 19 December 2019, 13:57
Confirmed User

Anytime! Check your pm's
Old 19 December 2019, 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
Seems expensive and extraneous. I give it two Air Force thumbs up.

I'll post a review when mine arrives. Wonder if there's a way to drop it from a drone?
You mount the cam on the drone and land it facing the target

One of the techie guys with deep pockets had one when we were shooting 600; very handy. could you use Skype with one phone down range pointed at the target?

Our new posting rules