SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Marine Corps Special Operations > MarSoc

Old 15 July 2019, 05:50
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
MARSOC has deployed an O-5/Lt Col SOTF HQ. Twice that I know of.

Either way, moving 1 MRB to Lejune is absolutelyfuckingstupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!
West coast guys are just crying over missed lib-o opportunities

Get used to nothing but C section scars on flabby skin and shitty $10 beer at the Dirtwood. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 23 July 2019, 10:40

I can't find the source after all these years, but as reported in the local paper at the time, MCRD San Diego exists because USMC maintains separate facilities for readiness purposes. If an east coast storm causes evacuations/halts in normal activity at MCRD PI, the west coast can pick up the slack.

If that's the case, wouldn't the same apply to MARSOC?
Or am I comparing apples to oranges?

Not sure what else was in the works during the MCRD San Diego decision. MCRD and NTC next door were made into historic sites so the buildings couldn't be razed. The airport wanted/wants that land badly.
Old 23 July 2019, 14:27
Been There Done That

MCRD has been used for male boot camp since 1923 for recruits west of the Mississippi, it's not going anywhere. For storms that have effected Parris Island, the recruits were moved to MCLB Albany and continued training there. Without getting into specifics, there is space at the 1st MRB complex to accommodate the CG and his staff if they had to execute the COOP.
Old 24 July 2019, 14:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
your answer
Thanks-

Our new posting rules